The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weather Migraines

4 posters

Go down

Weather Migraines Empty Weather Migraines

Post  7777Trinity Tue 16 Feb 2016, 10:29 am

Ugh!!! My head feels as though it is being ripped apart and eaten by an unseen monster.

I can't wait until March 1st gets here. I am having an evaluation with my ENT for Septoplasty and Turbinate reduction surgery for the sinus. It should knock out the majority of the weather migraines I am having. My surgeon in Boston told us that I would need that surgery when we saw him in June 2014 and he was so right.

I am happy to say that ALL of the migraines triggered by the Greater Occipital Nerves in my neck and the Lessor Occipital nerves are completely GONE. Now just to finish off this "Migraine Monster" who  grabbed me again in September and doesn't want to let go. 12-15 migraines a month again....ugh!

I have to get free of this thing!

Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Weather Migraines Empty Re: Weather Migraines

Post  Migrainegirl Tue 16 Feb 2016, 5:50 pm

Sorry to hear they are bothering you. But at least you know what to do about them! I am very interested in the sinus connection. How do they know this is related to your migraines? I gave always wondered about this possibility for myself.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Tue 16 Feb 2016, 8:35 pm

I hope the septoplasty helps you, it did nothing for mine, but my migraines were very rare back then. I have congenital sinus issues, dad and I have both had nasal surgeries and my brother needs it. Back in 1998, I had my deviated septum corrected, some nasal polyps removed and the openings at the back of the sinuses widened, which the doctor referred to as'windows'. We joked that the doc was installing Windows 98.

When dad had his surgery, he had a much more severely deviated septum corrected and his uvula removed to help his snoring.

We both are very glad we had the septoplasty, we'd do it again. If you have any questions or want any details, feel free to ask

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity Wed 17 Feb 2016, 7:41 am

MG and Sara

My surgeon in Boston said that allergies and weather changes cause a swelling in the turbinates inside the sinus, when this happens the little blood vessels there ping the nerve with every heartbeat. This eventually will trigger a migraine. Thinning out the Turbinates so they can't touch the nerve is what the process is I believe. I will know more after I see the surgeon on March 1st and will update you all with what he has to say.

The other aspect is that my nose was broken and a piece of bone is sitting on a nerve aggravating it as well. Hoping both will help. Several people on the Nerve Board for Migraines on FaceBook have had the sinus surgery with great success,hoping i will join them Smile

Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Thu 18 Feb 2016, 1:20 am

Sorry Trinity...I dumbed it down way too far for you...I'm used to nobody knowing what I mean when I say the doc enlarged my nasophryngeal openings. I forget this board is, compared to the other boards I visit, highly educated. I never shudder here from their/there/they're errors; I can use anatomical words or a bit of medical jargon, and no-one on here is lost.

Another board I'm on has sent me running away, or blocking my view of a certain posters. The words I mentioned earlier, along with to/too/two and possessive terms getting misused drove me batty.

If I'm making mistakes here, it's either my phone autocorrecting me, or my migraine is so bad I'm struggling to post. It shows when you reread it. I've had to translate myself later on a couple of my posts, which I did with my apologies for one online friend.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity Fri 19 Feb 2016, 9:18 pm

Sara
You were perfect and didn't dumb down anything Smile I am in a muddy after migraine brain myself. Hanging on and believing that somehow I can kick the rest of this Monster to the curb!

Hoping you feel better tonight!!

Trin
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Fri 11 Mar 2016, 5:12 am

I have a very good (old school) West German barometer that is very accurate. I can predict when a migraine series which is complicated with high pressure will arrive.

Batten down the hatches when a low then high comes through. The baro is quite accurate as a predictor of when I'll have a migraine.....it's mostly high pressure.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity Sat 12 Mar 2016, 7:46 am

Hello PF!!
Haven't seen you here in awhile. You are right about the barometric pressure, my doctor said the same thing. Hopefully, after this surgery when there are pressure changes, enough of the turbinates will be thinned out so as not to swell so much and trigger the "monster".
Trin
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down