The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi All from a former Rhondanian

4 posters

Go down

Hi All from a former Rhondanian Empty Hi All from a former Rhondanian

Post  alli Fri 08 Apr 2011, 10:49 am

Hello all. Thank you for inviting me to your forum. It so good to see the familiar faces. I hope everyone is doing ok. I'm doing much better. I've the lost 45 lbs that Lyrica made me gain. I'm still working out several times a week. Unfortunately I'm still getting way too many migraines but am off all meds other than Aleve for Fibro pain. Just using herbs and vitamins. Migraines are less intense than they were but just as frequent.

I have a new love who is just wonderful about all my health issues. I moved in with him a few months ago and life is very, very good. It would be perfect if I didn't hurt all the time, but we can't have everything can we?

Alli

alli
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Hi All from a former Rhondanian Empty Re: Hi All from a former Rhondanian

Post  milo Fri 08 Apr 2011, 1:06 pm

So great to see you here!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 08 Apr 2011, 3:03 pm

Alli, I am delighted to see you here!!

It's been too long!!

I am glad too hear some things improved looks like quite well, but sorry to hear your M are still as bothersome.
However it must be great to shed 45lbs, not to mention how terrific you must be looking!

Welcome to the Fabulous M Underworld!
Hope you will feel here right at home, Alli !!
cheers

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Tue 12 Apr 2011, 9:09 pm

Wow 45 pounds! How did you do it if I may ask? I have gained so much weight and with the migraines I seem to put all my effort into getting rid of the migraines. With working I do not get a chance to work out like I would like. I maybe do the treadmill once a week but I walk my dog everyday.

Congrats on the boyfriend. I hear you about being happy and enjoying life if only you had less pain. I feel the same way. Not a day goes by without pain for me. We need to grab our happiness when we can and I am very happy for you with the new boyfriend.

Good to see you posting here.

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Wed 13 Apr 2011, 10:11 am

Thanks! It's a LOT of hard work to lose that weight. I work out at the gym 4-5 days a week before work. If I wait until after work, I won't do it as I'm in more pain later in the day. I also worked regularly with a trainer for the first 4 months as I was in no shape to do it alone and instead of driving to work I rode my bike as I lived 2.5 miles from work. (Now I live 20 miles away so I ride a bike at the gym.)

I was having very bad edema attacks from Lyrica and had to have someone who would bring me along slowly. I was very lucky in that my employers were very worried about how much weight I had put on (50bls in 6 months!) so they paid for the trainer and they pay for my gym membership. My gym is across the parking lot from my office so the convenience is unbeatable.

Try jogging instead of walking or get some ankle weights to wear when you walk as that increase the energy you have to burn. I got my daughter a Wii fit and she is doing great using that. So that might be a good idea too.
Alli

alli
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Thu 14 Apr 2011, 1:06 am

Alli, you have a great co-workers!! cheers
How nice of them to chip in to pay for a trainer for you.

They sure must love you, and I am not surprised - you are a lovely person!

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum