The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone else become a hockey widow during playoffs?

4 posters

Go down

Does anyone else become a hockey widow during playoffs? Empty Does anyone else become a hockey widow during playoffs?

Post  milo Wed 13 Apr 2011, 8:27 pm

My marriage has been put on hold for the next 16 games. I get that Canadians are really into their hockey, but I swear, the whole city gets crazy the second the playoffs start and so many of us not quite so into hockey get left behind. I can't even describe what comes over all of these hockey nuts. It's pure craziness....fun yes, but crazy.

I'll need extra support for the next 16 games folks, cus lord knows I won't be getting it at home...lol

Can anyone relate?
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else become a hockey widow during playoffs? Empty Re: Does anyone else become a hockey widow during playoffs?

Post  Paradox Wed 13 Apr 2011, 10:13 pm

I'm a NASCAR widow.

23years ago I had the audacity to go into labor during the Michigan 500. My poor mother was so offended by my normally doting husbands behavior. He was rubbing my stomach, use, to help with the cramping. But he was reaching backward with his back to me so he could watch the race. I was used to it...it's his only vice BUT, mother was appalled.

I made up for it the next year. We missed our sons first birthday. I bought hubby tickets to see the race LIVE, to make up for my inconsideration the year before.

Poor mother didn't understand that...she felt I was rewarding bad behavior rather than just understanding my hubby who most of the time treats me like a million bucks.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else become a hockey widow during playoffs? Empty Re: Does anyone else become a hockey widow during playoffs?

Post  Enigma Fri 15 Apr 2011, 8:21 pm

I get even. He becomes a football widower. I love that sport.

I don't mind so much. When your spouse is happy, I can find happy time too. I have the TV blaring right now and I'm typing this. Later a little yoga and meditation with heaphones. I might watch the end with leftover chips and watch part game, part crowd.

Tomorrow he goes to a hockey pool and I go see a friend at the barn with her horse. Later we hook up for a beer and meat draw. Makes me happy.

I was in Edmonton when the Oilers won the cup and the spirit in the city was magical. It was like everyone won something and everyone in the city was happy and kind and for a week, life was like something you wish like could always be like.

I think when you love a sport , there are moments where you see yourself inside of these players and for a while, you are that special guy in that exceptional team.
Enigma
Enigma
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Fri 15 Apr 2011, 8:39 pm

Yes, eventually I will get caught up in it. We had the olympics here last year and it was simpy magical. Beyond wonderful. And so now the whole city is thrilled to get a taste of that feeling again.

I hate that my spouse tunes completely out for a few hours ever few days, but other then that it's rather fun.

And the invites to playoff night parties are coming fast and furious...so that is always fun too. As long as my head behaves I enjoy it. Smile
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 15 Apr 2011, 11:24 pm

Didn't Vancouver play Chicago today???

Wonder how this one turned out!!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Fri 15 Apr 2011, 11:28 pm

YES and WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only 14 more wins and we will have the Lord Stanley's Cup!!!!!!!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Fri 15 Apr 2011, 11:30 pm

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!
Does anyone else become a hockey widow during playoffs? 3logo11
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sat 16 Apr 2011, 12:53 am

lolol only 14 Laughing

let's hope so !!

Go Canucks!!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sat 16 Apr 2011, 10:26 am

Still just the first round Risa....14 more games minimum to go.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Enigma Sat 16 Apr 2011, 11:21 am

Milo,

You forgot that cool orange and black "V"
Enigma
Enigma
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down