The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone here with migraines that smokes?

+3
Cluelesskitty
Ruth
milo
7 posters

Go down

Anyone here with migraines that smokes? Empty Anyone here with migraines that smokes?

Post  milo Mon 16 May 2011, 10:41 pm

I always figured that smoking was a no brainer as far as triggers go, but I'm curious to know if any of you smoke, or know any smokers with migraines?

I'd love to be a smoker but alas I've been wise to quit about 10 years ago.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anyone here with migraines that smokes? Empty Re: Anyone here with migraines that smokes?

Post  Ruth Tue 17 May 2011, 7:37 am

Milo, I used to smoke many years ago but quit because I didn't want to encourage my sons. It was one of the best decisions I ever made, I can't even stand to look at someone smoking now, and if I get a whif of the cigarette smoke I could get an instant migraine!

Ruth
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Anyone here with migraines that smokes? Empty Re: Anyone here with migraines that smokes?

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 17 May 2011, 5:51 pm

I don't smoke, I smoked for short time in my life from 18 to 26 but somehow I never really got into it,
I don't know why.
It wasn't that difficult for me to quit, luckily.

I can't stand the smoke now, it gives me M instantly. Cigars being the worst, uugh!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Tue 17 May 2011, 8:26 pm

I've never smoked, but the smell drifting from the lady that came into the doc's office I was at today was enough to irritate my brain even more today.

Cig smoke really gives me a headache. I can't ride in a car where someone smokes, nor will I take the risk in buying a used car. I'm a bit sensative to cig. smoke.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue 17 May 2011, 8:52 pm

I'm allergic to it now, but I used to smoke. Yuck
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Wed 18 May 2011, 9:16 am

I smoke clove cigarettes. There is something about them that helps my head when I have a migraine. Regular cigarettes make me sick but the clove ones do something. I only smoke 4-5 a day and try to do less but since they help the head pain, I keep smoking them.

alli
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu 19 May 2011, 1:18 pm

I started smoking when I was 14 and quit nine months ago at 51. I haven't noticed any difference other than that smokers STINK .
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu 19 May 2011, 4:44 pm

WAY TO GO FOR QUITTING CHAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  steph Mon 30 May 2011, 7:15 pm

Yes I do. I have quit twice to see if that has any impact on my migraines. It does not. The first time I quit it was for 1 & 1/2 years the second time 8 months. I did not notice any changes in my migraines at all. I am compulsive about certain things. I only smoke outside, I don't like being cooped up with the smoke at all. Also I almost always wash my hands after I smoke. I don't like smelling like a cigarette. If you met me you might not know or suspect I smoke at all, I have had that happen many times, mostly because I don't stink like an ashtray.
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed 01 Jun 2011, 8:46 pm

I was always surprised, Steph, at how many people DIDNT know I smoked. But, like you, I smoked outside, never in the house, seldom in the car. And I washed my hand all the time.

But now, there are just more folks who reek to me. And I HATE when little kids smell of it. We didn't smoke around our kids even though we were both smokers. Little ones should smell of baby shampoo not cigarette smoke!

I was hoping for relief, for years my sisters favorite criticism of me and my migraines was "well, if you would quit smoking...". Unfortunately, I proved her wrong, AGAIN. Razz
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down