more storms...crud

Go down

more storms...crud Empty more storms...crud

Post  Paradox on Tue 24 May 2011, 6:35 pm

We have another round of severe t storms, possible tornadoes.

My head as been doing very well since I started Cymbalta, but today has been a doozy building up all day. The main storm isn't supposed to hit til tomorrow. I'm dreading it and glad I got payroll done today, a day early, because I'm not sure I'll make it to work tomorrow.

How are the rest of you faring in this weather cauldron? Sad
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

more storms...crud Empty Re: more storms...crud

Post  Sara79 on Tue 24 May 2011, 9:01 pm

I'm just about like you...I'm in Kansas, and we're getting pummeled with heavy rain/small hail as I speak. Luckily, DH and I haven't replaced/repaired anything from the last round of hail, since insurance took this long and we're low priority, since nothings leaking or destroyed. I'm running through my triptans at a startling rate, but I'm managing for now.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Tue 24 May 2011, 9:56 pm

I haven't had this many "signals" in ages. Steady pain behind right eye (not stabbing, not unbearable, just there). An unusual amount of energy, a nesting feeling, catching up with laundry, cleaning out the frig... And craving white carbohydrates. I just had my second bowl of plain white rice.

I think tomorrow is going to be a bad bad day. You'll get hit before me, Sara. I hope you fare alright. (we need a fingers crossed emoticon.

I want to be on the beach with Milo right now!!!!
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 on Wed 25 May 2011, 9:10 am

Charlotte-

What you're describing sounds like what I've been doing. My PCP put me on amiltriptine (sp?) about 2 weeks ago, hoping it would help...the migraines are at a lower intensity that the normal (2/3 rather than 5-8 on the pain scale), but they're still there, no surprise with the weather fronts.

I keep trying to cuddle up with a purring kitty and sleep through everything I can cat , and I've eaten more ice cream than I should have with the carb cravings. Right now, homemade bread sounds amazing, but even with a bread machine I can't find the energy. I finished up some of the laundry on Sunday, and that will have to hold us until my head's a bit better. If not, DH will have to wash his own skivvies for once <HA!>

I hope everyone out there is safe, and has a roof to be under. Joplin, MO is fairly close to me, and I have all the sympathy in the world for those people, and feel guilty in a way whining about my head, when I have a roof and clean clothes and hot food I can eat. Take care everybody!

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alli on Wed 25 May 2011, 10:21 am

I guess I can't complain about our wimpy little rain storm. You guys have it much, much worse. I hope this storm passes without wrecking havoc.

alli
Three Star
Three Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 on Wed 25 May 2011, 11:31 am

Alli- don't worry about it, the small storms hit me just as much as the big ones, so feel free to whine away.

Charlotte- Duck n cover...we've had the tornado sirens going off like mad here. Nothing but rain yet, but my heads telling me there's more storm to come, and soon. Suspect

I agree; Milo, move over, Charlotte and I are coming to crash your beach... Cool Hope you've got SPF 50+, I burn like a red head. sunny

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alli on Wed 25 May 2011, 11:34 am

Well then, I hate rainy days!!! Between the Fibro pain and the head pain, I am miserable!

alli
Three Star
Three Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Wed 25 May 2011, 1:57 pm

It would be nice to have company for the trip, Sarah! Very Happy Lets rent a convertible. Cool
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 on Thu 26 May 2011, 4:12 pm

Glad you made it through yesterday. I (obviously) did too, but I really worried for a bit here. Joplin's big blow has me on edge now.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Fri 27 May 2011, 9:40 am

The sirens went off once but no major damage. Some trees down but from lightning, not wind.

My head was off again yesterday as we still had off and on storms. Now I think Monday it's supposed to be sunny and 90. So, I'll be staying in the house then also, because I don't tolerate bright, hot days. Ha! I need to just be a vampire and come out at night.

Are you having and luck with your anti-depressant? I was so surprised this one (cymbalta) seems to be working as I haven't had success in the past with others. Guess it goes to show to keep on trying....
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 on Fri 27 May 2011, 4:18 pm

With the weather so wacky here and that being one of my major triggers, I can't quite tell...I seem better when the weather's clear, but that's only lasting about 12 hours at a time right now.

I've got my sleep study scheduled for tomorrow night, and I'm hoping it will show some apnea, just because I think a CPAP might help with my morning headaches, Dh says I 'gasp' in my sleep, so IDK what they'll find.

I'm glad you're OK and the Cymbalta is helping you. I'm hoping as these spring storms settle down I'll see if the amytriptalline is really helping me.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum