My Son's Art

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Son's Art

Post  alli on Thu 09 Jun 2011, 9:53 am

I'm such a proud Mama. My son just set up a website with his art projects. He's been getting grants from the Canadian government to make his sculptures.

Check out vahiart.com Look under Installation Art and you can see his fire flower metal sculptures and photon sculptures. Who knew when my little boy started taking things apart that he would put them back together like this.

alli
Three Star
Three Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Son's Art

Post  Paradox on Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:27 am

This is my favorite one. Love it! I want several for my yard. I've never seen anything like it and am enthralled.

!http://www.conehouse.net/vahiart/projects/blooming-tulip
Paradox
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alli on Fri 10 Jun 2011, 10:04 am

He's been doing stuff like this for years. He and his friends would take apart microwaves and use the parts to power their insane devices. Luckily I never knew exactly what he was doing til after the fact.

One time they set up a clear canister of water, ran electrodes into it and powered by microwave oven innards, set the WATER on FIRE. I was appalled and amazed at the same time. Appalled because all I could think was what if it exploded? And amazed because it was soooo cool! At his wedding his best man told me that was one of the safer things they did. I really don't want to know what else they were doing. LOL

Taking apart cars and making kinetic sculptures is waaaay better.

alli
Three Star
Three Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty on Fri 10 Jun 2011, 7:18 pm

Alli, all my life I dream of husband like that Smile
alas, it wasn't in the stars, sigh

I envy his wife or girlfriend or fiancee, whoever she is, scoring such a brain!

It's awesome, the sculpture! I left a comment, you'll know where by me nick :]

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty on Fri 10 Jun 2011, 7:21 pm

I was wondering, does any botanical garden or other display gallery show your son's sculptures?

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Sat 11 Jun 2011, 11:13 am

Not just a talented brainiac....a gorgeous one to boot! Yes, yes, his wife is a lucky woman! Plus, the grin on his face... That's the smile of a happy, contented man. It doesn't get better than that.

I can see that flower sculpture displayed in so many places....by the pool at a fancy resort. On a college campus, The grounds of a museum.
Paradox
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty on Sat 11 Jun 2011, 4:01 pm

lol yeah, me too!
I don't want to sound like a perv, but certainly it was hard not to peek at the creator of the sculpture,
either!

great bod! Smile

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alli on Mon 13 Jun 2011, 10:21 am

Yeah, I know... he's a hottie. His sister's friends would give him such a hard time when they came over. They just thought he was the cutest thing and since he is nice to boot, they just tormented him with unwanted attention. Cracked me up. LOL His wife is his match in the brains and looks department. She is a neuroscientist and a perfect match for him.

He is taking the scultpures to the Burning Man festival. His goal is to have a garden of fire flowers. Laughing Right now I think they are decorating his backyard.

Alli

alli
Three Star
Three Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: