The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly Question!

4 posters

Go down

Silly Question! Empty Silly Question!

Post  30yrsofheadache Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:44 am

This morning I had a mint Tic Tac and was reminded of a question I wanted to ask other migraine sufferers. Whenever I eat a strongly flavored minty thing I sneeze violently several times. I always forget this until it happens often resulting in accidently spitting out the item. So, I read up on it this morning Apparently, it is genetic and related to sneezing in bright sunlight (which my daughter Zoe does). It is supposed to have something to do with a malfunction of the trigeminal nerve. Anyone else sneeze like this?
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Silly Question! Empty Re: Silly Question!

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 04 Jul 2011, 2:32 am

lolol
I never paid any attention to it, I will now and then I will be able to tell you Cindy.

By the same token, I wonder if anybody ever noticed getting a hiccup immediately after having a soft drink like Cola
or when trying to cough.
My daughter can never ever cough without triggering a hiccup fit after.

Risa

Last edited by Cluelesskitty on Mon 04 Jul 2011, 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Mon 04 Jul 2011, 5:07 am

I do also get hiccups often, especially if I am sick. Dont think it relates to coughing. Hope I dont find out soon! I drink seltzer water often and dont hiccup with that.
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewishmother Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:22 am

My daughter who also has migraines has what they call photic sneezing - when she first is exposed to bright sun or lights she sneezes 3 times - always just 3 times. Never considered though that it might be related to her migraines!

Jewishmother
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 04 Jul 2011, 3:09 pm

The three times reminded me that my sister always has to sneeze in at least three times series! lolol
but I can't recall if it relates to any particular reason - just that when she sneezes, it resembles a lot a cat sneezing lol
Three times is a must!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon 04 Jul 2011, 6:19 pm

I TOTALLY have the mint thing! I always sneeze and it's violent! HMMMMMMMMMM interesting
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Tue 05 Jul 2011, 5:05 am

The photic sneezing is related to the strong minty sneezing. Milo, thanks for chiming in. I was starting to think no one else had this! If you google about strong mints and sneezing, you will find the info on the trigeminal nerve. I polled my entire family. Everyone who has the sneezing reaction has migraines. Very interesting!
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down