The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trazodone anyone?

4 posters

Go down

Trazodone anyone? Empty Trazodone anyone?

Post  milo Fri 08 Jul 2011, 9:28 pm

My coworker has used trazodone for many years for her insomnia. She gave me some to try. I'm wondering if anyone else has ever tried this? It's an antidepressant with strong sedation. The normal start dose for depression would be 150mg and for sleep disruption you just take 25-50mg.

It's the weekend so I figure I'll give it a try tonight. I'd do almost anything for a great night of sleep.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Trazodone anyone? Empty Re: Trazodone anyone?

Post  Cluelesskitty Sat 09 Jul 2011, 2:51 pm

I haven't heard of trazodone, but just last weekend my friend told me she's had a great results from Rx tryptophan.
Have you tried that yet, Milo?

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Trazodone anyone? Empty Trazadone

Post  KimbaK Sat 09 Jul 2011, 6:11 pm

My dad has a script for Trazadone to treat insomnia. I've tried it 3 different times and ended with a dull but steadily increasing headache every time. It didn't do much for my insomnia. I won't try it again, I think it does me more harm than good.

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat 09 Jul 2011, 8:59 pm

I've tried Doxepin and slept like a baby but it made me angry and irritable. Right now I'm having good success with 60 mg Cymbalta. I still wake up quite a bit but am able to get right back to sleep.

Plus, I don't cry as much during the day. Other than that no side effects other than a slightly decreased appetite which is absolutely not a problem for me!

Good luck, sleep tight.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sun 10 Jul 2011, 4:32 pm

Well, I took 50mg the first night and it didn't help me sleep. The next morning I had a stabbing headache but it stayed under control.

Last night I took 100mg and I did sleep fairly well but I now have the worst migraine I've had in years and nothing touching it. Normally I have some ability to function with my migraines, but this one has me right out. I guess I'll have to not bother with the trazodone.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum