Can old surgery scars herniate?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can old surgery scars herniate?

Post  Paradox on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 8:10 pm

I went through this a couple months ago. Sharp pains, lower left side. We were very concerned that it was a revisit of my diverticulitis. Two scans later they have no idea what it is, but since I'm not about to rupture a gut I'll deal with the pain. A couple days later it went away.

Only to return. Evil or Very Mad Sharper and stronger. But no other symptoms of the diverticulitis.

However, it is also right on the edge of my four (yes four) abdominal surgical scars. And now I'm having twinges on the right side along with tenderness along the scar.

I'm 50 pounds overweight. Is there a chance the scars themselves are tearing apart? Could there be a insurance reimbursed tummy tuck in my future?

I don't know what Dr to see. Last time I went GP, Digestive, Digestive Surgeon. None of them knew what was up. Should I consult a plastic surgeon? I have one I trust who does reconstructive rather than cosmetic work.

Any ideas?
Paradox
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can old surgery scars herniate?

Post  milo on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 8:30 pm

That is a tough call. Hmmmmmm. It sounds like a repeat, and you don't want to go through the several different doctors to come up with no answers. What a lot of money to not get anywhere. I feel for you. I sure hope you end up figuring it out without wasting too much money.
milo
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty on Fri 05 Aug 2011, 2:13 am

Of course you should consult plastic surgeon! they are not only for finicky beauties!
They fix ugly cancer scars, too, for instance.
Could be your old scars cause you this distress - it's only wise to have it checked, and the medical better cover it, too!!

I am so sorry this troubles you again, oh no... :[

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

scar pain

Post  lentils on Fri 05 Aug 2011, 9:51 am

I have several long scars from spinal surgery and they do hurt at times. In my case I think it is nerve pain.

lentils
Two star
Two star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top