The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Industrial Strength VOODOO CHICKEN

3 posters

Go down

Industrial Strength VOODOO CHICKEN Empty Industrial Strength VOODOO CHICKEN

Post  KimbaK Fri 19 Aug 2011, 2:11 am

This has really not been my week. Still battling head pain (of course). Only good thing I can say about that is that my Relpax from a Prescription Assistance Program (PAP) had actually come through early. There was a mix up at my pain clinic (knew that had to happen) who received the order for me. The girls got confused and thought they received my 45 tablets for samples for anyone. After a quick call to check status got that straightened out, I am the thankful, grateful, voodoo chicken loving woman who has enough Relpax to take 2 a day for 90 days at the low cost of $0.

So while I am still having migraines daily, I am now able to hit them with Relpax and back that up with Norco if the Relpax needs a little more help. LIfe has been slightly better than usual. I've also learned that I cannot tolerate the Toradol shots in my thighs for a while. I gave myself one in the left thigh about 3 weeks ago and the residual pain is still enough that I would rather suffer terrible head pain than inflict that kind of long-lasting, excruciating agony on myself. Its going to be a long while before I'll even consider that an option. That was one of the worst pains I've ever experienced!

Monday night I managed to walk my left foot into this antique chair monstrosity that currently resides in my room. My poor little 4th toe bled and bled. Very stiff and painful too. But, hey soldier one, because the opposite end was in more pain than the toe. Ice it for a while and get back to cleaning. Tuesday night, I manage to do the exact same thing to the exact same toe at the exact same time as the night before. Only this time the toe is P.O.'ed and refuses to bend or quit bleeding. I iced it up and apologized to this toe with lots of TLC. After a while, it began to bend without too much complaint. Only now, it does not want to be touched at all. Period. It reacts with excruciating pain when I foolishly allowed the sheet to touch my foot when getting under the covers. And it screamed with misery when I hurriedly pulled the foot out from under the blankets to make the pain stop. I am apparently allowed to look at it, but that is all. It went into agony when I put a shoe on the other foot. And when I attempted to put the shoe on the boo-boo foot I had to stop at placing my toes on the shoe. I had to very slowly and carefully withdraw my foot and hobble.

Today was Sneak Peek at my daughter's school so I sucked it up and put on two shoes and off we went. Naturally there were hordes of people there. My toe apparently sent out a signal requesting all people come introduce me to here-to-fore undiscovered regions of pain. But. Ha ha the joke is on the evil voodoo toe that just wants to make trouble for the rest of the 9 toes he hangs out with. Little did it know that most of the day I had a pretty severe migraine and had been taking my Relpax and Norco pretty regularly all day. I was able to successfully hobble through the school and any wobbling I did can be chalked up to the purple swollen toe rather than the medication fog. Somehow after typing all this out, I no longer feel a personal victory against the toe or the migraine. Between the 2 of them I was fouled at both ends. I won't even mention the foul in the middle resulting from the recent addition of IBS to my diagnoses. Sometimes $h^+ just happens, ya know.

I wish I could create a whole bunch of migraine horror/humor stories and write a fantastic book. A best-seller I'd hope. They'd want me on all the talk shows and for half of them I'd be out with a severe migraine. The other half, I'd be there but so medicated that I'd look like Lindsey Lohan at one of her sobriety court hearings. Hey, as long as they pay me a couple of mil for the book and a few talk shows, I'd find a way to get through it. And feel like I gave the world a really accurate picture of what this life is like. Right now, my loving family is just not getting it. If I stay in bed with headpain all day, they worry that I'm "depressed" and need to get out and socialize more. If I am out of bed they cannot understand why conversation is sucn an effort and an irritation to me. I'm so fogged from pain and medication, I just really don't know what's going on around me and they think I have any feelings on the subject. And Praise the Lord (pardon my sarcasm) they just read this article that talks about migraine triggers. If I'd quit eating all that chocolate ( I prefer white chocolate every once in a blue neon moon...) I'd get better. If I'd get my neck checked, if I'd get my back checked, etc...

I blew the other night and pointed it that while I appreciated the support, the fact is that I am looking up migraine info every day even in the middle of the night (as I am now since I can't sleep). I make a point of educating myself as much as possible. They run across these little (reprinted or revisited) articles in some dinky magazine and think that they have discovered a new idea that I've never tried. I just pointed out that the 2 seconds they saw this idea is something I've known for oh, 29 years now. It was a crock then and it hasn't changed. Chocolate may affect some migraines, but not for every single person afflicted. I can't drink diet soda without developing a migraine literally within 10 seconds of consumption, but my sister who also has migraines but much less frequently than me can drink nothing but diet soda and she doesn't feel a thing.

Ok, better stop now. I am not sleeping which is ticking me off and talking about family ignorance is ticking me off worse. I'm going to go to bed and just lay there and be ticked off in the dark and hope all this ridiculous "ticked offness." knocks me out so I can fall asleep.

Good Night all!! Thanks for your patience with my last "therapy session" here.

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Industrial Strength VOODOO CHICKEN Empty Re: Industrial Strength VOODOO CHICKEN

Post  milo Fri 19 Aug 2011, 7:18 pm

How about counting voodoo chickens instead of sheep to try to sleep?

I hope you wake in good spirits Smile
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri 19 Aug 2011, 9:19 pm

I had lunch with the Dead Chicken Society today. That's why you were feeling the voodoo chicken so strong. LOL. All I can say is having a good sized rubber chicken on my key ring helps me find my keys easier. Hmmm....voodoo at work???? LMAO Twisted Evil
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down