The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just wanted to say hi.

5 posters

Go down

Just wanted to say hi. Empty Just wanted to say hi.

Post  Porsche Fan Fri 19 Aug 2011, 11:12 pm

Hope you guys are ok. I haven't been posting much, got some stuff going on. Klonopin brand-name was found, so I'm good at least for a few more months.

I have an active annoying H/A now, which I dropped my newest nuke, Nucynta. Works well, but it doesn't let me sleep too well.

Few issues popping up here and there with my heart, but I'll see my cardiologist next week. Had a near-faint on thursday night. I've been taking long acting nitroglycerin for angina. This stuff can drop your bp, and if you have a blood pressure problem...wham.

I stood up quickly and went down. But, the good news....bang pacemaker fired off and kept me from going totally out. Very fast recovery and it didn't starve my brain of oxygenated blood. That's a big benefit. I was alert and talkative within 2-3 minutes, vs. the last episode in June which took about 45 minutes. The reprogram they did in June helped big-time.

Dad and I were working on my bird photo project. I was sitting on the floor, stood up, and wham, went down. When I got on the floor, I was more crunched up on my side and couldn't breathe....I was able through hand signals get him to roll me on my back.

Still keeping up with exercise. I've hit a wall on weight. Starting to gain. I can put on muscle pretty fast, but I have to watch for water retention too. I'm going to need to buy some new clothes. It's really hard to get my heart rate up, and my cardiologist wants it kept to a max of 120 beats.

Migraines have been a bit worse. I'm attributing this to blood-pressure. It's running pretty high even at rest 140/80, which doesn't correspond with exercise, and following a cardiac-prudent diet. I'm betting I'm going back on an ARB--really should. This bp is waaaay to high from both a cardiovascular and migraine standpoint.

Shoulder is feeling better. As long as I exercise it, it feels pretty good. If you don't, ouch. It's getting stronger. I might get out and try to hit some chip shots at the driving range. A full golfswing might not be wise.

Battling sinus infections and irritations. The bactroban+saline rinse is working well. The CT of my sinuses looks great, so glaring sinus disease. Just I'm prone to sinus infections. ENT doc says to use the rinse, and call as needed when I think I have an infection. He said he'd be glad to be my go to doc for sinuses. Pretty nice guy.

Nothing else earth-shattering. Thought I'd say hey and see how you guys are doing?

Take care,
mgb
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Just wanted to say hi. Empty Re: Just wanted to say hi.

Post  milo Sat 20 Aug 2011, 5:46 pm

Awesome to hear from you! Thanks so much for the update. I hope you continue to see improvements!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Sun 21 Aug 2011, 9:05 am

Glad to hear the update. You are so educated on your heart, migraine, shoulder issues which is wonderful. What the doctor says to do, you do which is great. Working out and keeping your heart rate up is so good.

I also have not been posting. I have my mother here with us for six weeks and the girls started back to school. I have been very busy. Things will even out and I will be back posting again soon.

Just wanted to say hi too.

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:21 pm

big hello right back at ya. still ups and downs,but heck that's life. wishing you guys well.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue 23 Aug 2011, 10:23 am

So good to hear from you. My head is doing great, my back not so much. I'm going in for injections again tomorrow to see if I will get any relief. I despise the # of pain killers I am taking to get through the day. When I go to meetings I have to have someone else drive my vehicle so I can lay down in the back.

But, I guess the good thing is I'm still going and moving. Now that the heat is starting to break I can start walking again and hopefully get a few pounds off.

Glad the pace maker worked for you!
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Wed 24 Aug 2011, 1:13 pm

hello mgb..so sorry, to hear that you are still struggling so much..it's so sad to see people ill..especially, younger patiets. You've endured a lot.

Migraines are awful, fibromyalgia is awful..other than other health stuff..doing well. I have two high schoolers now..a freshmen and a senior..Yikes. Love my boys..best blessing ever.

Take care and I'll continue to pray for you.

greeneyes

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down