The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleep eating with Clonopin?

+2
milo
Paradox
6 posters

Go down

Sleep eating with Clonopin? Empty Sleep eating with Clonopin?

Post  Paradox Sat 20 Aug 2011, 10:31 am

I started taking clonopin at night about three months ago. I have developed a disturbing habit of eating at night. I'm half awake. or maybe 1/3 awake. I generally fall asleep as I'm eating. This morning there were two halves of a cookie in bed with me. The best one was when I woke up with melted chocolate stuck in my hair (hubby is still laughing about that).

So...WTF? I am not happy about this, I have trouble with my weight anyway.

Is this normal?

Obviously even though I THINK I'm sleeping all night, I'm not and am not well rested. I had to move my laptop out of my room because I was trying to send emails in my sleep. Generally they were non-sensical and I never successfully sent one (thank goodness!)

Any advice?
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sleep eating with Clonopin? Empty Re: Sleep eating with Clonopin?

Post  milo Sat 20 Aug 2011, 5:48 pm

put a padlock on your fridge, cupboards AND laptop! lmao
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sat 20 Aug 2011, 5:50 pm

Bit in all seriousness....I have a similar thing with zoplicone/ imovane. I hate it but I always get hungry and "jones" for something to eat after I've taken it. Normally, if I just popped some corn it wouldn't be the end of the world, but it's when it's anything else I worry.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:24 pm

i take my klonopin about 9:30, and about 11pm i'm about ready to eat everything in the house. i think that's the biggest thing killing my diet right now.

any exercise in the evening makes it worse. i get really, really hungy after exercising.

i get up late, and eat breakfast/lunch about 10:45, which is a partial bowl of chicken noodle soup. i'm not hungry at all. i get more hungry as the day goes on though.

part of my screwed up sleep patterns. i didn't fall asleep until 6:30 am for the last 2 nights, slept all afternoon and am not tired now (almost 10.30).

gotta reprogram tonight.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Sleep eating with Clonopin? Empty Sleep eating and Ambien

Post  KimbaK Wed 24 Aug 2011, 10:05 pm

I have gained about 10 pounds in the last 3 months. If I stay up late I usually find half eaten food somewhere in my room and only the vaguest memory of eating. The grand prize for me was when I was going through my Rice Crispies thing and kept eating them all the time. I accused my parents of eating my Rice Crispy Treats after I'd gone to bed. They don't like Rice Crispy treats and wouldn't eat them if it was the only food in the house. I finally caught myself one night when I literally woke up in the kitchen with the evidence in my hand on and my face. Now I just try to eat a small snack before I go to bed. I don't know what else to do. I don't sleep without Ambien. I guess I just have to accept that I am going to look like Jabba the Hut eventually.

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Sleep eating with Clonopin? Empty Ambien

Post  Paradox Thu 25 Aug 2011, 2:58 am

Kristen Chenoweth actress, the cute blonde from Wicked and Glee said she had a terrible Internet shopping habit on Ambein. Had no idea she bought anything til boxes arrived. Yikes! What happened if you go out for a drive? Oh, one of the Kennedys showed us that.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sleep eating with Clonopin? Empty Ambien

Post  KimbaK Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:00 pm

So far, I've managed to confine myself to eating. Hershey's Cookies and Cream giant sized bars seem to feed the need. I try not to eat the whole thing, its a work in progress.

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Sleep eating with Clonopin? Empty Imovane

Post  angelapet Sat 17 Sep 2011, 11:30 am

I once made a chocolate cake (from a ready made packet) at 2am because I could
not find anything sweet :-)
My husband was quite surprised the next morning and so was I Laughing

angelapet
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sun 18 Sep 2011, 3:16 am

I don't know about Klonopin but I've heard these sleeping pills can turn you into a night eating zombies.
I saw on TV documentaries videos taken of pple completely unaware they were eating in their sleep-like state!

The reason they were videotaped is because they were scratching their heads, why the heck they were gaining weight
while on the diet??? and why there is food in their bed????

After, they knew :/

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down