The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Security DENIED

+3
milo
Sara79
KimbaK
7 posters

Go down

Social Security DENIED Empty Social Security DENIED

Post  KimbaK Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:53 pm

I got my official denial Saturday in the mail. So... on to round 2. Let the Appeal Process begin. Jeez, I wish I could just catch a break.

Hope everyone else is having good days!!

KimbaK

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Social Security DENIED Empty Re: Social Security DENIED

Post  Sara79 Tue 23 Aug 2011, 10:38 pm

Good Luck with your appeal. I'll shake my voodoo chicken kitty for you.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Social Security DENIED Empty Thanks!

Post  KimbaK Wed 24 Aug 2011, 8:18 am

Thanks for the support. I definitely need it. I seriously don't know what they need form me.

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Wed 24 Aug 2011, 8:12 pm

You were expecting this....so try not to see it as a step back, just a normal part of the process. It seems to me almost everyone gets denied on the first try. You can do it! Just view this as just another step in the regular process. VC shakes to you!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  steph Fri 26 Aug 2011, 2:54 pm

There was just an article in my local paper the other day about this. According to it, most people get denied twice and have to get a lawyer. (Funny how that is exactly what happened to me.) The article was saying that it is a process to basically weed out the need. (Whatever.)

In the article it stated that it is normal to take 2 and 1/2 years to get the decision. (That also happened to me.) BUT that you get the back pay. (that again, is how it went for me).

What they don't mention is what the hell you are supposed to do in the mean time when you have no $$$ coming in. I feel for you, but please don't lose hope. It took me a long time and a lot of headache cyclops to get the decision, but in the end it was worth it. This system is not really set up for folks that are honest and trying to hold a job and get through life.

You can make it though! cheers
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:54 pm

Appeal, appeal, appeal.

I was denied also twice each time but in the end I prevailed.
Do NOT give up.

Find out why were you denied, and try to fix that. It's very important that you have all the requirements in order.

You'll get it! Don't give up!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat 10 Sep 2011, 9:35 am

Kimba, I'm so sorry. How extremely frustrating for you.

Do you have an attorney working with you?
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sconesail Sat 10 Sep 2011, 9:57 am

Hi,

I know that they tend to deny most people under the age of fifty on the first round. I was denied the first time, too. (I am 30).

I did have to go through the appeals process- it was not terrible and I ended up with a bench ruling at the appeal (meaning that the judge ruled in favor of it immediately.)

Here a couple of pieces of advice:

1. Find a good lawyer, who does a lot of this to help you. (We were referred to a larger disability firm, but found we would only meet the lawyer the day of the case.) So, you might want to go with a smaller firm. My case, as I am sure yours it, was quite complicated and I am really glad we were able to discuss everything with the lawyer before the hearing.

2. Document everything- how many days you missed from work, what happens when you have a bad M. Can your co-workers tell if it is bad? If they can, ask them to write letters stating what they observe about you during a migraine. Have all medical records ready and get all your doctors to write letters as well. You can't have too much documentation for this.

I hope this helps. I certainly hope you are able to get it and that your appeal goes well. I am sending good thoughts your way.

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Social Security DENIED Empty Thanks for support

Post  KimbaK Fri 16 Sep 2011, 9:33 am

I am working on my appeal forms. This time I am giving ultimate worst case scenarios. I described things as bad last time, but this time I am being as blunt as possible. I am prepared to keep fighting until I get the benefits. I would love to work and be a functioning person again, but I think I've finally realized that I'm not. Maybe in the future, but not today.

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 16 Sep 2011, 3:17 pm

Good for you!

You need to be VERY specific.
My neurologist who fully supported my claim pointed this out as particularly important.

Good luck, Kim!!!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down