What the hey....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What the hey....

Post  Cluelesskitty on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 9:08 pm

... I am having crying fits, but I am not depressed at all. I can't sleep at night, that's why! I am plain exhausted!

I have hot flashes that keep me awake, and this pain under my right shoulder that won't let go
and won't let me find any comfortable position in bed no matter how I try - left side, right side, flat back, on the belly.
Well it hurt least on my right side but you can't sleep all night on your right side, even if you want.

My dr gave me a referral for an x-ray, and I will do it, but apart from finding out what causes the pain I am afraid if there will be
any remedy for this pain? what with people who suffer from severe back pain, there is hardly anything that can be done for them,
anyway, if you get my drift?... I am so worried I will be in the same boat ...

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hey....

Post  Jewishmother on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:56 pm

I know how much back pain sucks...........I am so sorry that your nights have been so hard. Have you tried sleeping in a recliner? Muscle relaxers? I am glad you are going for an x-ray.........if they can pinpoint the cause of the pain maybe ultrasound therapy and working with a physical therapist will help lessen the pain. In 1979 I fractured my spine and have dealt with back pain off and on since then - I have found that for me at least the work that I have done with a physical therapist has been extremely helpful. Even now over 30 years later when my back flares up I go back to the stretches, exercises and heat and ice therapy that helped me over 30 years ago.

I hope you can get some rest and that you can find some supportive health professionals that can help lessen your pain. L

Jewishmother
Two star
Two star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Sat 08 Oct 2011, 8:37 am

Don't rock the boat......don't rock the boat, Baby....

Can you get on HRT? I tell my hubby they will get my HRT out of my cold dead hand. I had an aunt who was almost suicidal for 5 years as she went through menopause. My mother tried to go off several times and she also became severely depressed, almost psychotic. I believe in quality over quantity and if HRT gives me GOOD years then I don't mind giving up a few.

HRT pills aren't great for migraines because you still have the fluctuations of hormones. I'm on the week long patch so I don't have as many fluctuations.

I also find that I can't sleep as much as my shoulders start aching. And I LOOOOVVVVVEEEEE to sleep.
Paradox
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty on Sun 09 Oct 2011, 4:50 pm

JM- thank you so much. your replay gives me hope that with some physical therapy I can be at least partially helped with my pain.

We have Thanksgiving Day on Monday I realized, so I will be having the X-ray done sometime after, asap.
As soon as I will know what exactly cause this pain I will do accordingly. I am so tired.
I also plan to buy a new mattress for my bed. I figure at least a part of the problem may be my mattress.
(and, oh, thnx for the tip but we don't have a recliner)

About three years ago I was going bonkers sleeping with hubby anymore for he is moving around too much
while I am a quiet sleeper,
and since I go to bed way later than him, he kept waking me up every time I was falling into deep sleep, wanting me to murder him.
I had visions of getting up, grabbing the fire poker and with crazy laugh hitting him over and over his stupid poking out butt
that keep waking me up!! What a Face

So we decided to get a "bed divorce", and bought separate bed for each, which involved buying separate mattresses as well.
At the time, the hardest, moderately luxurious, good quality yet cheapest mattress seemed to be available at Sears
so we purchased it. But not without first purchasing medium hard, and exchanging it for the hardest they had.
After that we were told that this is it, no more exchanges or returns Evil or Very Mad

Unfortunately, pretty soon - about a year or so - the mattress started sag a bit in the middle.
This year, when I came back from my Poland vacation I realized that while In Poland my left side pain started to disappear,
only to return with even greater force at home. After turning the mattress over, it disappeared, so it was the mattress for sure.

But the sag is there even after turning over, so I hope buying a new, harder, straighter one will help a bit.

The mattress I was sleeping on in PL was very cheap one with springs quite pronounceable, but at least it was straight
and hard so my shoulder wasn't hurting as bad. But still it hurt, so I suppose it is not the mattress alone.

Charlotte - I will ask the gyno I am going to see at the end of Oct about that.
My problem is, as soon as I am starting any hormones I am developing cysts in my breast, which is not very safe as they can turn
cancerous at some point. The gyno in PL told me I shouldn't take any HRT, but at this point I am ready to jump off the bridge
from lack of sleep and exhaustion, so if the cancer won't kill me first, the hot flashes and following sleep deprivation will.
I will talk about patches being better for us Migs-ers than the oral form, thanks!

Thank you guys!

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 on Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:12 pm

Risa-

I had a mattress that was doing that and I put a sheet of plywood under the mattress, and on top of the box springs. It really helped for me, and it might help save some money. If not, I'm hoping there's a good Thanksgiving day sale for you.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty on Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:21 pm

Really?! I'll try that first!
It's a very thick mattress, though, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'd sure use ways to save money.

Thanks Sara!

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache on Mon 10 Oct 2011, 5:33 am

Hi, Risa. Seems like we are going through the same issues! Besides migraine, I mean. I have just started having hot flashes. I told my Dr. that I am probably the only person who is happy to have them, since my migraines are mainly hormonal. I have to have the overhead fan on at night and I still wake up. I will not take any hormonal things, though as they have always made my migraines worse.

Maybe you could try something natural for the flashes and an antidepressant for the moods? I also have been having more than usual pain between shoulder blades that wakes me up. Luckily, I have an understanding Dr. and lets me up my nightly percocet/phenergan combo when I need to. I have been on only a 1/2 at night with an extra strength tylenol, so I upped to 3/4 and it works.

I am very sensitive to meds and cant take anti-inflam. meds.PT has helped in the past. Right now, I use my rice sock (do you have one?) and tea tree massage gel that my hubbie rubs in. If I were you, I would not go for the firmest mattress, I would get a firm underneath with a pillowtop, if available there. That way you get the best of both worlds! Hope you are feeling better soon.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty on Mon 10 Oct 2011, 5:19 pm

Cindy, I too, swore I won't take any hormones... until now, lol

Now I am so exhausted I frankly don't care anymore, just please make it stop!!!

I do take natural supplement called Macasure that seemed to be working fine until the last summer,
when it all got screwed up so weirdly I am wondering if it just "hormones"... just a menopause... ??
I really hope my upcoming gyne apmnt will yield some answers, if not I don't know what will I do.

I have a heating pad which I can't use anyway because a bit of heat brings a hot flash immediately Suspect

So I can't win either way.
But I do have a Pro-Shiatsu massager

exactly like this one

and it does a good work of relieving the maddest knots in my back. For awhile.

Thank you, too for your suggestions, Cindy!

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum