What are people surprised to know about you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What are people surprised to know about you?

Post  Paradox on Sat 06 Nov 2010, 5:45 pm

I'm an outgoing woman, quick with a joke or a hug...back in the day I would've been referred to as a " fun broad" in the kindest of ways.

I've always had jobs of authority and am considered a leader in our community, sitting on a Board for our lcoal mental health facility.

When someone gets to know me well they are always surprised when I tell them I struggle with self-esteem and self-confidence issues. No one can beat me up better than I beat up myself late at night, wondering why I did that, or said that.

I guess over the years I've learn to hide it from the world with lots of bravado. Hubby and I were married for five years before I figured out that he really did love me and wasn't going to leave me because we had a little fight.

Once I figured that out his life became so much easier because I wasn't as clingy and didn't need constant self assurance.

When I'm under a lot of stress I find that clinginess returning, even with my friends.

I'm happiest at home in bed with a good book.

What are folks surprised to find out about you?
Paradox
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are people surprised to know about you?

Post  milo on Sun 07 Nov 2010, 11:48 am

People are always suprised when I tell them I worked with the military when I was younger.

I'm not 100% sure why it always suprises them but it does.

Like you Charlotte, people are also suprised when I tell them I am shy. My public face is much different then how I actually feel.

milo
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angela on Mon 15 Nov 2010, 1:59 pm

My long time weekend drinking buddies knew I had 'headaches' and never got drunk. (If I drank at all sometimes). I was always the desginated driver from the pub to someones' house for further partying.

Someone asked and I spilled the beans about my migraines this weekend, the drugs I took, the frequency, the cost, etc. There were many questions and they were surpised at how bad the pain was and what I did to cope. They also asked about my weight and thought I was thin because I was good at watching my weight, but now they know it is because I am sick most of the time.

I'm usually a person that just sits back and watches the world go by, and join in sometimes, so I'm not sure how I feel about these few people knowing this much about me. I don't want it to change anything. I liked being part of the crowd and having the distraction and feeling normal.
Angela
Two star
Two star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top