The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad one last night

5 posters

Go down

Bad one last night Empty Bad one last night

Post  Ruth Tue 18 Oct 2011, 9:06 am

It came as quite a shock as I don't get too many like that any more (thankfully). It started in the afternoon and I took a Maxalt which seemed to ease it a bit, but soon after supper it started that awful throbbing on one side like somebody was banging my temple with a hammer. I really wanted to watch Dancing with the stars but had to retreat to bed by 8.30. I took a gravol tablet to help me sleep and thankfully this morning I just have a slight headache and the awful 'drag your butt' kind of feeling.

Not sure if it was the Maxalt but my heart was skipping like crazy and my blood pressure which is usually fairly normal was quite high.

Ruth
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Bad one last night Empty Re: Bad one last night

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 18 Oct 2011, 3:18 pm

That sounds scary, Ruth.

You know, one thing got me thinking - lately, you mentioned your heart was giving you trouble, and I wonder if now taking triptans
may contribute to these symptoms? and thus instead of relieving the headache, it actually worsen it?
I will have to do a bit of research after I come back home as now I have to go do that xray I am procrastinating about - now...

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Tue 18 Oct 2011, 8:15 pm

I'm going to mention to my doctor next time I see him if I should even be taking Maxalt with all the skipped heartbeats I get, but most of the time they help me, so that would suck big time!

Ruth
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Tue 18 Oct 2011, 10:16 pm

that's not good to hear Ruth. i know you were having some skipped beats many, many moons ago. make sure you talk to the doc, and if he says you can take take triptans, tell him he needs to prescribe a 30 day event monitor, so you can have a monitor if you have to take triptans again.

you should bring this up to your doc sooner than later.

good luck!
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Tue 18 Oct 2011, 11:14 pm

Hope that you are feel better Ruth..praying for healing...:love you I love you

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Wed 19 Oct 2011, 4:50 am

Ruth, by accident I discovered with my Amerge that if I dont take it with enough liquid the crazy heartbeat thing is much worse. I get that from triptans also, but that time it was really bad. I tried to think what I had done differently. I was very nauseated and only took a sip of water, then laid down. Bad idea! I hope you are feeling better today. I went and had a cardio workup after my episode, but it didnt show anything. But, you should talk to your Dr. about it.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Thu 20 Oct 2011, 1:15 pm

Thanks for your replies Smile

I will definitely bring this up with my doctor next time I see him. Marc, I have never heard of a 30 day monitor, is that the same as the holter monitors?

Thanks Wendy, hope things are better with you and hubby Smile

Cindy, I will try drinking more water next time I take Maxalt. Thanks for this advice Smile

Ruth
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Thu 20 Oct 2011, 5:49 pm

ruth,

30 day monitor is like a holter monitor. it monitors your heart for a 30 day period collecting data. if you feel something goofy, you can phone in the data which is caught on the recorder.

it gives a more accurate picture over time what's going on with your heart's rhythm than just than the run of the mill 48 hour test (which rarely grabs enough data).
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Sat 22 Oct 2011, 8:07 pm

I wonder if we have them here in Canada? I'll have to ask my doctor when I see him.

Every time I've worn the 24 or 48 hour monitor my heart behaves itself, it's soooo annoying!

Ruth
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:52 pm

They gotta! I think it's something heart people everywhere would need.
It's just our screwed system that tries to save money whenever possible.

Surely it's cheaper to monitor the patient for two days instead a whole month, methinks...

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down