Rough Week

Go down

Rough Week Empty Rough Week

Post  Sara79 on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 10:36 am

So I can't find the post that I thought I made on Friday. I'm guessing that I must have hit the wrong button, and deleted things instead of posting them.

This last week has been horrible. I'm eating my Triptans like candy, taking at least one a day. I even went to the doctor and got the tordol injection on Friday, but it hasn't touched it. And then my CPAP mask broke on Saturday, and my insurance wont pay for a new one until it's been six months. Blegh, it's not like I have a spare that I can use until then, it's the only mask I've got, so I've got to replace it out of pocket, or live with the migraines that not having my CPAP give me until December.

Plus DH is out of town, and it was a sudden trip, so I'm gathering up the small stuff to ship after him, and of course he didn't have any of this together, so I'm dealing with the pharmacy and the doctor's office (for his migraine meds, ain't it great to have to migrainers in one house?!?)

Sorry all, I know this is one big whine, but I needed to get it off my chest, and I knew you all would understand. I should have a CPAP mask by the end of the day (crossing my fingers), and between that and the oral tordol, hopefully I'll start feeling better.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Rough Week Empty Re: Rough Week

Post  Cluelesskitty on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 6:45 pm

Oh, sweetie, it's not a whine! you got a bad streak to deal with, {{{{and I sympathize with you}}}}

Is it possible to return CPAP mask later on? maybe you can cut on the expense until Dec by buying it once or twice
at a different pharmacies and returning before the return date??
I know it's not exactly a stellar behavior example, but so isn't the insurance company...

Hang in there. I am positive you will untangle the lesser stuff slowly but surely (like hubby's scattered things)
and the M will run its course (curse?), too.

Have you tried triptans with Toradol and Gravol at once? maybe this would work a bit better, I hope?

hugs hugs hugs and more hugs

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 8:38 am

Thank you Risa.

The CPAP mask idea was a good one, but they are single patient use, so they aren't returnable. Plus, it's not something that the regular pharmacies just have on hand, so it will have to be ordered for me from the company that set me up with my CPAP. I did put in a feedback from on the manufacturers web page, just to see if they cover it under their satisfaction guarantee.

I also figured out a way to keep the mask on my face overnight, but It's using a cloth headband to hold it on my face, and it's not as comfortable as the mask is supposed to be. But it let me sleep last night and not wake up with another migraine this morning, so I'll try to tolerate it until I find out if the insurance will cover the replacement, or if I will have to.

I did have a triptan in my system on Friday when I got the injection, and I now have a round of oral tordol, so if I begin to get another migraine, I will take it with the triptan. I don't have Gravol, but I've got Zofran, and I have taken it with the triptans.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 12:17 am

How are you doing Sara?
Are you any better, I hope?

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 4:45 pm

I'm doing better, I finally heard back from the insurance company and the sleep study people and they've got a mask in the mail to me, so I will hopefully have it by tomorrow. I'm tired today, but I was at the hospital for school until 7:30 AM, and then I had a dental filling at 1PM, so I only got a little bit of sleep. I'm planning on an early dinner and I'm going to bed shortly after sunset. I was glad to hear your news about your nephew. Hopefully he'll be home quickly and safely.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty on Sat 05 Nov 2011, 8:04 pm

A bit exerting day then, I dare say.

I hope you got your bit of much needed sleep later on, Sarah,
and the new sleeping mask have arrived already, too!

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 on Sat 05 Nov 2011, 10:22 pm

Thank you! My mask came today, and I slept about 14 hours overnight, so I feel much better. Now if I could get the achy jaw from the filling to subside. I'm using Aleve, but it still hurts to have any food that requires chewing. Blegh, fillings stink.

Anyways, I'm having a nice weekend, and feeling pretty good head wise, so those are big pluses!

Take care!

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down