The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This set of migraines have me stumped. Anybody wanna give a guess?

5 posters

Go down

This set of migraines have me stumped.  Anybody wanna give a guess? Empty This set of migraines have me stumped. Anybody wanna give a guess?

Post  Sara79 Sat 10 Dec 2011, 2:21 am

OK, so the migraines have been low level, I'm not hitting much above a 7 on the pain scale. But they keep coming back, I've tried all my normal meds: tordol, neurotin, aleve, zofrin, and choice of triptan. Ive tried Maxalt, frova, and relpax, but nothing totally knocks it out.

I know part of this is school stress, and some of this may become a novel, so feel free to skip it, but basically I've figured out that the community college I'm attending doesn't have a high caliber of standards. We've been told all along that these secured self exams are very important, because they are designed like the board. I have a classmate, who didn't graduate in May, because he couldn't pass the tests. So he's in our semester now, and we're at the point where we're taking the exam. Two weeks ago, on the morning we were supposed to take this exam, he has car trouble, and skips the exam. He calls me today wanting to borrow the copy of the test prep book, because even after taking the class twice, and taking this secured exam for the fourth or greater time, he still can't pass it. I told him no, and that he really should buy the book, as it will be needed for our board exams. His work has always been mediocre at best and If I had to choose between dying and him treating me, I'd die.

Sorry, ending my rant, anyway, between this, holiday stress, other school stress, and my MIL's lung cancer I've got a constant low level migraine, If anybody has any thoughts to knock this out, please feel free to share. Sleep, meds, and comfort food just isn't covering this one.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

This set of migraines have me stumped.  Anybody wanna give a guess? Empty Re: This set of migraines have me stumped. Anybody wanna give a guess?

Post  Porsche Fan Sat 10 Dec 2011, 2:41 am

outside of following typical migraine advice...hydration, preventavies, and avoidance of trigger....

tell this guy to take a walk off of a short pier.

sounds like a slacker to me.... i wouldn't hand over or help out. he's just looking to use someone else's work.

you can only make so many excuses in a life. Tough you know what....if you can make it with migraines and health problems, this guy is either lazy, not up to speed, or all of the above.

good luck!

Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

This set of migraines have me stumped.  Anybody wanna give a guess? Empty Re: This set of migraines have me stumped. Anybody wanna give a guess?

Post  Cluelesskitty Sun 11 Dec 2011, 4:11 am

Maybe you caught some bug, only the symptoms are so vague you hardly notice this.
Sometimes the only symptoms of these is extreme tiredness and sore muscles. For us - also more M.
Or maybe it's hormonal - we women undergo so many hormonal variables during our lifetime, it's quite possible.

Last but not least - perhaps your usual day/night rhythm have changed a lot since you went so busy lately -
so, a different sleep pattern, different meal hrs and so on?

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Sun 11 Dec 2011, 5:59 am

All of these are very good thoughts, and I have been recovering from being ill, so Risa's thought about that cold is probably spot on. And PF, YES, he is a wanker, and I just glad that the last time I'll have to see him is during our pinning ceremony on Thursday. I think at the time I posted, I was struggling with the increase in stress and muscle tension from that idiot's issues. Plus my finals, plus work stress, plus huge family stresses, and I don't think I know what calm would feel like.

I'm just so glad that you all will suggest things that would help, and sympathy for the things there are no way to avoid. Thank you!

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sun 11 Dec 2011, 8:01 pm

Maybe it's a combo of all of the above?

I agree with PF...I'd have told him to take a hike. My first round at university I was in a program where I was with a specific group of others in the program. Drove me batty how often people slacked off then expected others to pick up the slack. Four years later and the same idiots from first semester were still doing the same thing! WTFrig? Do some people just grow up having had someone pick up their slack?

This seriously drove me nuts in school and I swore to never work with several of the people I went to school with. Thankfully I've never encountered the slackers in my professional life.

Congratulations on all your hard work!!!!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

This set of migraines have me stumped.  Anybody wanna give a guess? Empty 2011 can just go away now

Post  Sara79 Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:47 am

Thank you all...I've been so ready for 2011 to be over, and to be able to have a full time job again. I found out today that my grandfather died this morning. It's nine days before his 92nd birthday. He had been at home, which was what he would have wanted, and it seemed quick, which I'm grateful for. He had all his mental abilities, and was in decent health, considering his age. It's just really made for a horrible start to the day and the week.

Please, if you have any older relatives, visit them. Talk to them. My grandfather was a veteran of World War II, he was all over the Pacific theater, and then came home to marry my grandmother and have my mother and uncle. Please, hug someone you love, just because, the next time you see them.

As for Wanker Boy, he's not getting my book, and I don't have any time or energy to waste on him any more. He's had two of us tell him he should buy the book, since the online resources mimic the board examination.

Thank you all, this thread seems to be a horrific rant about my life. I'm just grateful that you're here and all are sooooo supportive.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 13 Dec 2011, 7:28 pm

Oh Sara,

I am so SORRY for the passing of your grandfather! Please accept my sincerest condolences sweetheart.

Your Grandfather sounds like an interesting, spunky man, and I am glad you had the chance to have him for so long.
Wow, almost 92 years is a great age - wow-

Still it hurts to lose loved one, and so I am wishing the time will ease the pain for you losing your sweet Grandaddy
as soon as possible, dear Sara.

Lots of hugs, sweetie.
May the Grandpa Angel always sit on your shoulder looking out for you, love.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  steph Fri 16 Dec 2011, 8:29 pm

could this possibly be a tension type headache on top of your normal stuff. Maybe just the culmination of EVERYTHING you have going on is causing this to persist. Screw the classmate, not to be harsh, but it sound as if he has had plenty of chances. It is up to him to do what he needs to do, and one less thing you need to worry about. I get compassion, I personally am very compassionate. That gets me into trouble, worrying about people or things I can't do much about.

I am sorry about the loss of your grandfather. I posted in the To Sara thread. I think maybe you need to have a spa day or something, if you can to just release some stress and tension and relax a little bit. I am hoping that by the time you get this, things have evened out a little bit! Good Luck, an by the way, congrats with your school!
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down