To Sara.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

To Sara.....

Post  Cluelesskitty on Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:43 pm

Oh Sara,

I am so SORRY for the passing of your Grandfather! Please accept my sincerest condolences sweetheart.

Your Grandfather sounds like an interesting, spunky man, and I am glad you had the chance to have him for so long.
Wow, almost 92 years is a great age - wow-

Still it hurts to lose loved one, and so I am wishing the time will ease the pain for you losing your sweet Grandaddy
as soon as possible, dear Sara.

Lots of hugs, sweetie.
May the Grandpa Angel always sit on your shoulder looking out for you, love.

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Sara.....

Post  Jewishmother on Tue 13 Dec 2011, 11:01 pm

Sending out lots of hugs to you too Sara...............grandparents hold a special place in our hearts. All you have learned from him will stay with you and keep him alive in your heart. Both my grandparents lived into their 90's and still it didn't seem long enough - there was always something to learn from them and stories from their past I had yet to hear. Sending my love. Leslie

Jewishmother
Two star
Two star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky on Tue 13 Dec 2011, 11:11 pm

My deepest sympathy on the passing of your grandfather, Sara. Grandparents are such a blessing. I hope you have many good memories to bring you comfort during this difficult time.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

tecky
Two star
Two star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 on Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:40 am

Thank you all. I appreciate the thoughts.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache on Wed 14 Dec 2011, 4:30 am

((Sara)) So sorry to hear about your Grandfather. You are right about hugging those who are still here. It reminded me to be kinder to my Dad! Sounds like your Grandfather was a great guy. Hopefully, he is in a wonderful place.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sympathy

Post  KimbaK on Wed 14 Dec 2011, 6:34 pm

Hi Sara,

I'm so sorry about your grandfather. I lost my mother's mother on November 9th in 1993 and then my dad's mom on December 23rd 2000. The holidays sometimes sting a bit. It takes time to be able to enjoy the holidays again after the death of a loved one. Its painful for a while before it levels out and you can remember the love and laughter through the tears.

Sending you hugs and sympathy. If you need an ear, I'm here. I read more than I post lately, but I'm always around.

Love,
Kim

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  milo on Wed 14 Dec 2011, 6:58 pm

Sara, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your memories of him last your lifetime. All the best in this time of grief.
milo
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 12:19 am

Oh my poor Sara..I'm so very sorry about your Grandfather passin on. Know that we all love you..understand your grief and sadness.

God bless you and your Family as this difficult time.

LOve you, Greeneyes I love you

If I can do anything to help please PM me

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:23 am

Thank you everyone. The service was yesterday, and tonight is my graduation, so this whole degree is going to be colored with some sadness. My mom specifically set the date for yesterday so that we wouldn't have to miss my ceremony, but truthfully, I would have been ok doing so. I'm exhausted, but glad that by the end of the day I'll be done with school, and my hubby and I've talked, and I'm giving notice at my part time retail job too. They've just gotten too demanding for a part time job.

I really appreciate all your kind words on here. I am doing OK, and after today I should be doing even better, it's just been a very rough week, with school and work needing things as I'm trying to help my mother as much as possible, since she's really had a rough week. This was her father, and she's already lost her mother, so she's been pretty blue.

On the head front, yesterday I had a doozy, but I'll blame it on the situation and the six hours in the car to get to the viewing, the graveside and the dinner the church served afterwards, then home again. I've still got something low grade in the background, but it feels like it's trying to resolve. I think my whole family has a bit of a migraine right now, just from all the emotional stress yesterday. I thought my uncle was going to lose it and bawl when the veterans folded the flag and handed it to him, I think that just finalized everything to him. Taps had me sobbing, and the gun salute was an honor done to my grandfather, but so very upsetting to the family.

I think I'm using here as a bit of a journal, if this if upsetting anybody, I'm sorry, but it feels so much better to get it off my chest.

Thank you all! Every word was so kind and means so much.
-Sara

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:27 pm

I love you you Sara!

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  milo on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 7:32 pm

Thank you for sharing with us Sara!
milo
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 8:42 pm

What a lovely service Sara, and thanks for sharing that with us.
Once again, so sorry for the passing of your Grandfather.

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:27 pm

Sara,

To be honest, the playing of taps and the gun salute done by the veterans for my dad's funeral 16 years ago were very hard for me, too. I'm very proud of my dad for his military service, but these just made it so.....final, I guess.

Please take care.
tecky
Two star
Two star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:11 pm

sara,

wishing you and your family strength through this tough time.

please take care of yourself too.

-mgb
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:46 am

Thank you all again. I think the family was glad to have my graduation ceremony last night, it was a bit of distraction from what we'd had happening, and it was a very pleasant diversion. I'm thrilled to wake up with NO headache, no homework, and DH has even helped knock out the bit of housework I had. If only every day was this good.

All of your well wishes mean so much to me, and it really helps to know that there's such a good group of friends out there all over the globe, who help care for and worry about one another. Please take care of yourselves and your loved ones. Enjoy the time the holiday season give you to spend with them, and I hope that the migraine they give us, just by being our family, will be short, and you can enjoy your holiday too!

santa Merry Christmas! rendeer

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  steph on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 8:12 pm

Hi. My Grandfather was one of my best friends in the world! My own father was never around, and Grandpa didn't try to step in and fill those shoes, BUT, he was one of the few people I could always count on! I lost him a few years ago, and often think of him. For me the initial grief was overwhelming, but gradually I noticed that there was less grief and more just great memories!

I was at my worst with the migraines when he passed, and that just made it so much harder. Wanting and needing to cry, when you just can't because your head is pounding is miserable. My migraines were just uncontrollable while I was trying to deal with funerals, and the like. They have no sympathy for the life we have to live! Very Happy

I lost my grandmother when I was younger, in fact my birthday was 5 days later. I was to be 11, and my Mom went ahead with the party that they had planned. It turned out to be a welcome distraction, and a good lesson for a child that life does in fact go on.

It is always sad when we lose someone we love, but some things that werent so apparent at the time surface and we can find comfort in remembering the good times. I have also come to realize that some of the "bad times" are actually really funny now that I look back at it, and the absurdity of the situation! I learned so much from my Buddy, and these things you will just never forget. Good luck to you and I hope you take some comfort in knowing how proud he would be of your graduation, and would have wanted you to be there and be proud of yourself! sunny
steph
Two star
Two star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan on Tue 20 Dec 2011, 2:15 am

sara, how are you doing?
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 on Tue 20 Dec 2011, 11:38 am

Emotionally, much better. Physically, well, I live in Kansas, and we're gearing up for a blizzard to the west of where I'm at, so my heads a little loopy. And, I'm passing my first ever kidney stone. Let's give stress and dehydration a great big cheer! Razz The doctor gave me nucynta, which is a relative to oxycotin, but without the ability to give quite the 'high' that oxy supposedly can, and with less addictive possibilities, which is great.

I have to give my PCP's office big credit, they listen, and they are always willing to try something. I've gone in stating that I just read research about using X for my migraines, have you read it, and can I try it? Unless there's a really good reason for not using it, (there's a med to help with the weather related migraine, but it's in a class of drugs I'm HIGHLY allergic to, so they vetoed that med) they'll let me try it. Once, they hadn't heard of the research, so they asked if they could research it, and if it was reputable, they'd phone in whatever I'd asked about. They researched and they phoned it in, bless them. Considering I'm hypothyroid, PCOS, prone to sinus issues, allergic to most grass/trees/weeds/molds, morbidly obese (truly, my BMI's in the upper 30s), and a migrainer, I'm thrilled at the quality of care I'm always given. If anybody's in the Kansas City metro and would like a referral, please let me know.

Sorry, another novel to answer you, but this really is multifaceted, the day to day drives my mourning, yesterday, my physical pain made it to where the emotional crap had to go on the back burner. Tomorrow is going to be tough on everyone. It was grandpa's birthday. And it's my hubby's birthday, but he knows that at least this year, memories are going to overshadow his celebration. I will have to make sure to check in with my mom tomorrow.

In short, I get sad, but I'm feeling better, emotionally. I think I've dealt with the shock of everything happening so suddenly. Now it's the normal mourning process, and the funeral helped me get through a large part of that.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky on Tue 20 Dec 2011, 12:59 pm

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, Sara, as your grandfather's (and hubby's) birthday comes.

Would you mind sharing the name of the med that is helpful with weather-related migraines? I haven't found anything that is consistently reliable for those. They seem to be the hardest to treat, right up there with the hormonally-induced ones.

I'm lucky to have a primary who is like yours and willing to do anything possible, including research information I provide. A great blessing.

Hope your holidays are bright and pain-free. santa
tecky
Two star
Two star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 on Tue 20 Dec 2011, 4:02 pm

I'm trying to find my original information, but I believe it was Zonegran
http://www.bellaireneurology.com/seizure/epil_trt_zonegran.html

But it may have been Diamox, sorry, the nucynta has kicked in, and my research abilities have gone away.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky on Wed 21 Dec 2011, 5:57 am

That's okay--I understand, Sara. Thanks so much for the information. I've added it to my list for discussion at my next appointment.

Please take care.
tecky
Two star
Two star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top