The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Christmas Migraine hitting with a vengence

4 posters

Go down

Post Christmas Migraine hitting with a vengence Empty Post Christmas Migraine hitting with a vengence

Post  sconesail Thu 29 Dec 2011, 7:41 am

Hi All,

The post-Christmas migraine is hitting with an absolute vengence right now and I have no idea what to do. The usual meds (Ultram and benedryl) aren't helping much right now. I broke down and took some Klonopin yesterday and again this morning. The Klonopin combined with the ultam and benedryl is helping some. I just hate having to take it because I went off Klonopin and Tylenol 3 about 4 weeks ago. I think these have been the only two days where I just felt like I absolutely needed it as the pain was getting dangerously close to 10.

I am just so tired of having to deal with all of this right now. Also, fainting increases when the pain gets worse-so that doesn't help either.

I am not sure what to do. I will probably end up calling my neuro about an IV of Depakan as this one is just horrendous.

In the meantime, I'll try to distract myself, curl up on the couch and see if that helps today.

Any advice would be welcome.

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post Christmas Migraine hitting with a vengence Empty Re: Post Christmas Migraine hitting with a vengence

Post  milo Thu 29 Dec 2011, 10:41 pm

I don't think using it for a few days will hurt your withdrawal attempt too much. I hope it helps and yo9u feel better!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post Christmas Migraine hitting with a vengence Empty Re: Post Christmas Migraine hitting with a vengence

Post  sconesail Fri 30 Dec 2011, 8:37 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

No, I don't think that using Klonopin at times like this will undo anything. It was just hard to come off the Klonopin and so I am not taking it unless it is absolutely warrented- and it has been for the ppast few days.

I called my neuro about a Depakan IV. And to my surprise, my IV nurse called yesterday and asked if I could come at 1 today. So I will be getting the IV today. This is really amazing- usually it takes a few days for me to get on the schedule at the IV center. But I am thrilled that they can do it today. (I also know they usually try to get me in as early as possible. They really are great and so much easier than the ER.)

I will kkeeo you posted.

Pain free days
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Fri 30 Dec 2011, 6:54 pm

Hope it went well and that you are now on the mend Smile
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sat 31 Dec 2011, 3:30 am

What a nice response from your professionals for a change Smile
A good omen for the new year to come!

Hope the IV helped. Do please let us know how are you faring now.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Sun 01 Jan 2012, 12:51 am

as usual, wishing you the best.

any news on the ambulatory EEG?
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  sconesail Sun 01 Jan 2012, 9:26 am

Hi All,

Thanks so much for the good wishes and advice and everything. I am not sure how I would survive any of this without y'all.

I got the IV on Friday and it has helped. At least it, has knocked the pain down from a 9.5/10 to about an 8, which I can live with. It was also amazing that my neuro and the IV center responded so quickly.

I haven't heard about the ambulatory EEG. I have one letterr from one of the docs at Cleveland. It basically says that they are not sure what it is, but this doctor thinks it is probably not dysautonomia. Basically, no one knows what this is or how to treat it. I think it has to be part neurological and cardiac in origin no matter what the tests say. I am also wondering if it could be a strange manifestation of the migraines. I was searching the internet a few weeks ago and came accross a page on Basilar Artery Migraine and fainting was listed as a symptom. I do not think I have BAM, but the fact that a migraine could be causing this explains a lot. I'd love any thoughts.

I hope everyone had a great New Years. I went down to the river to see fireworks with my roommate and her mom. The fireworks were amazing. Even though my head may not have liked them mush I am glad I went.

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down