The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

remember this song from back in the day....Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes"

4 posters

Go down

remember this song from back in the day....Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes" Empty remember this song from back in the day....Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes"

Post  Porsche Fan Sat 04 Feb 2012, 2:26 am

was a great song--can have a lot of symbolism to it. i have it in my collection.

i dated a girl in college that was almost 5 years older than me. one night, she called a local radio station dedicating this song to me. she was a nice girl and in deed marriage quality. but me, despite an image of pefection (ha, just a joke) was not that interested in such a long term relationship. we knew each other for over a year and started dating after i broke up with my girlfriend at the time. i was a freshman, and she was a older than me, as a transfer student into my university. she became a nurse.

if you haven't here's a link "in your eyes." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9CD4_3wChM

here's another topic to discuss--maybe to get the forum to move a bit. i'm willing to sacrifice myself for some ridicule 8 ^). i have tons of stories that you'll laugh at, or call me a bonehead. court jester, yes indeed!

Last edited by Porsche Fan on Tue 07 Feb 2012, 11:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

remember this song from back in the day....Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes" Empty Re: remember this song from back in the day....Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes"

Post  30yrsofheadache Sat 04 Feb 2012, 5:21 am

PF, That is a nice bit of info., thanks for sharing. I know what you mean about looking at the past. I do it too often. Here is something funny: while I was watching the video you mentioned, there was a picture ad next to it from the ASPCA. It had a sad looking boxer type doggie. I kept looking at his eyes during the video. I got teary eyed! Sad

I was a quiet person when I was in high school and did not date at all. I have no "missed opportunities" in that dept. Once I did start dating, there were some duds. Even a cancelled wedding. Then I met my hubbie and that was it.

I am reading a new book about introverts. It is called "Quiet, The Power of Introverts in a World That Cant Stop Talking". So far, it is me to a T. Really interesting.The premise is that it has become a bad thing to be an introvert and people believe you can only be powerful and successful if you are an extrovert. The author sets out to show why this is not true.
Sorry if this is rambly, I am just getting over a bad M.
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

remember this song from back in the day....Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes" Empty Re: remember this song from back in the day....Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes"

Post  Cluelesskitty Sat 04 Feb 2012, 8:18 pm

I too, think a lot about past. My past suck a lot, though. I had extremely hard time in high school.

My youth really pick up when I came to Canada (thanks Canada, I love you!)

still looking back, gosh I had mostly straw for brains back then, lololol

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:00 pm

My past sucks a$$. In your eyes was such a powerful song.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:30 pm

once in a while i like to cruise through some old videos, "in your eyes" is pretty cool. i remember listening on the radio when it came on. i met this girl at a summer job lifeguarding. i started dating another girl, but i hung out with her during the summer--the official girlfriend didn't like it, but i wasn't cheating. when i broke up, we started dating. then later we broke up, and i went back with the other girl.

ok, that's enough. my buddies tell me i was the smart one for not getting married, LOL.

i just enjoy cruising through some old music--brings back some memories.

uh oh, this IS a sign of old age. Cool
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Sun 05 Feb 2012, 6:02 am

I dont think its old age! My daughter who is 22 still likes to listen to her Back Street Boys music. Familiar music with good memories is so soothing.
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down