The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

to treat or not to treat- that is the question (warning vent)

3 posters

Go down

to treat or not to treat- that is the question (warning vent) Empty to treat or not to treat- that is the question (warning vent)

Post  sconesail Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:15 pm

Hi All,

Right now, I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. The headache has been really bad and so I broke down and took some klonopin and t3 (in addition to the ultram) to see if that would help. It has helped.

I know it makes me a little out of it, though.

Today, I went to see Mom and pick up Max for a walk. After the walk, Mom kept asking if I was ok. I told her that the headache was bad, as was the fainting. I told her that I had taken some klonopin and she replied "Well, that's it. I knew there was something really wrong." I told her that the headache was so bad that I didn't know what else to do. She shrugged and basically said "well, don't take the klonopin."

I really hate this. If I treat the headache, it feels like I have to justify it to others. Also, she is basically blaming the problem on the meds again. How many times do I have to prove that the medication- a. helps the headaches and b. doesn't cause the fainting.

the whole situation really frustrates me. The cardiac drs always seem to say the medication is the cause of the fainting, but it isn't. (I have gotten off all medications several times since the fainting began and there was no difference in the fainting.) Also, I have noticed that the fainting gets worse when the pain gets worse. So, in the midst of this one, I find myself frustrated and scared again.

I think the only thing to do is to treat the headache so I can possibly avoid an IV. All I have to do tomorrow is go to training and do some cleaning. I hope I can just sort of chill tomorrow. I think the only thing to do is to rest and treat this one. I am hoping it will improve.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

to treat or not to treat- that is the question (warning vent) Empty Re: to treat or not to treat- that is the question (warning vent)

Post  Cluelesskitty Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:35 pm

I am so sorry Scone. Can you tell what specifically your mom have against Klonopin?
And what does she suggest in place of it?

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

to treat or not to treat- that is the question (warning vent) Empty Re: to treat or not to treat- that is the question (warning vent)

Post  sconesail Mon 05 Mar 2012, 6:10 am

Hi All,

Thanks so much for the reply.

Can you tell what specifically your mom have against Klonopin?
I think there are a couple of reasons she doesn't like it. First of all, it does make me a little out of it-but so do the migraines and fainting. 2. Most of the drs who have treated me for fainting eventually blame any migraine medication for the problem. However, I had been on klonopin as an as needed medication for about a year before the fainting began. I think it is just the fact that is makes me out of it and she thinks it contributes to the fainting. I guess it is easier to blame the medication than to figure out the fainting issue. She was ok with it when I didn't have the fainting problem.

I got off a lot of the daily meds and any meds that might contribute to the fainting in December. Right now, Ultram and benedryl are the first line of defense. If that doesn't help, I will take some Tylenol #3 and klonopin. I do not take it every day, but do take it in the midst of a bad migraine.

I just wish we could figure out some way to deal with this.

I am still frustrated. I woke up at 3 with a killer migraine and I have also been fainting every time I move.

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Mon 05 Mar 2012, 12:39 pm

I'm so sorry you are going through this Scones, wish I could suggest something that would help. I just hope that one day your migraines will be far less (as they are with me now) and that the fainting episodes will stop.
{{{{Hugs}}}}

Ruth
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 05 Mar 2012, 5:54 pm

Well, does your mom have any useful ideas what you can take in place of Klonopin then, - and she needs to remember-
something as effective?

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down