lisinopril 10 mg

View previous topic View next topic Go down

lisinopril 10 mg

Post  777Trinity on Thu 19 Jul 2012, 7:19 am

Well, started a new medication this morning, supposed to work along the lines of a preventative. Lisinopril 10mg qd am. I tried it about a year and half ago and was starting to get some results, migraines were less intense.

Side effect, my hair started falling out, hubby loves long hair so I quit taking it....very stupid. So back on again, with a shorter hair cut and we'll see how it goes. I would rather be "bald" than have migraines, that's really not the choice I have to make, thank God! However, short hair vs fewer migraines....well that's just a no brainer.

New Neuro doc appointment October 18th, making a total time line of procedures and meds to take in, I get so tired of repeating the same stuff over and over again. This I can take to any doc and tell him to go read it then come back in the room. Smile

Last night a real head banger hit, today I feel like my brain is slush...ugh...if I could just have a few clear days right?

Trinity
777Trinity
Two star
Two star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: lisinopril 10 mg

Post  Cluelesskitty on Thu 19 Jul 2012, 3:18 pm

I am sorry if I already asked you this question, but have you ever tried Topamax?

I was very scared of this med, but sometime I had to give in, and knock on wood, it helped a bit.
The trick is to go first at half the dose that is recommended (try 15mg) and increase at twice or thrice the slower rate that is recommended -
- it helps with s/e.

Hope that helps.

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  777Trinity on Thu 19 Jul 2012, 5:52 pm

Cluelesskitty wrote:I am sorry if I already asked you this question, but have you ever tried Topamax?

I was very scared of this med, but sometime I had to give in, and knock on wood, it helped a bit.
The trick is to go first at half the dose that is recommended (try 15mg) and increase at twice or thrice the slower rate that is recommended -
- it helps with s/e.

Hope that helps.

Risa

Hey Risa:

Yes, I've tried Topamax twice, bad business for me both times. I have tried most if not all the popular "preventative" off label drugs and the side effects ranged from a high pitched whine in my head that would never stop to actual "real" thoughts of killing myself with a knife. In addition they didn't do a thing to help the migraines become less frequent or less painful. I am done with that pharmaceutical propaganda crap/ psycho babble meds.

That coming from a Psychology Major, ( and Religious Studies Major) but I know when to say enough is enough Smile

I am glad that it helped you! Looking forward to pain free days Smile
Trinity

777Trinity
Two star
Two star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lisinopril update

Post  777Trinity on Thu 26 Jul 2012, 9:58 am

Wow....is this how normal people feel???

7 days in a row without the monster, without so much as a twitch of headache......

Today, for the first time in years I got up and said, what am I going to do today Smile Wow!

777Trinity
777Trinity
Two star
Two star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewishmother on Thu 26 Jul 2012, 4:55 pm

Wonderful news!

Jewishmother
Two star
Two star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thanks JM

Post  777Trinity on Thu 26 Jul 2012, 5:44 pm

Jewishmother wrote:Wonderful news!

Thanks JM! We have a huge thunderstorm rolling in here in KY, normally that is one of my triggers a low pressure front and I am fine Smile

Amazing to me Smile
777Trinity
Two star
Two star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  milo on Thu 26 Jul 2012, 7:43 pm

That's AWESOME!!!!
milo
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 2:25 am

Whoopie! cheers So glad something's helping you!

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 4:15 am

I am so happy you found something that works. Enjoy your painfree time! Very Happy
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  777Trinity on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 6:26 am

Thanks so much everyone.

Now I am making a list today of things I want to do Smile

One is to join the YMCA and the Aquatics class there Smile

ummm.....there is a bunch more of fun stuff I can think of.

But it is also so very cool to be able to do the routine stuff, like all the ironing that was stacked up. I got half of it ironed yesterday, today I will finish it off....wow!! I can say that and be pretty darn sure it will happen SmileSmile

I am sorry...I am just dancing right now Smile sunny
777Trinity
Two star
Two star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 3:49 pm

woo-hooo!!!

doing these for joy for you :]

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  777Trinity on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 4:17 pm

Cluelesskitty wrote:woo-hooo!!!

doing these for joy for you :]

Risa

Risa!!! Thank you SmileSmile I actually started reading a book last night!! Whoo Yah!!!! I can actually concentrate SmileSmile This is great, and I finished all that ironing this morning SmileSmile

For anyone who has not tried Lisinopril, I highly suggest it. Even if you feel a little "sluggish" at first, it wears off in a couple days and again, to be FREE of pain is awesome!!!!
777Trinity
Two star
Two star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl on Sat 28 Jul 2012, 11:05 am

Good for you! Enjoy life
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

90 day update on Lisinopril

Post  7777Trinity on Fri 19 Oct 2012, 6:33 pm

This is just an update on the Lisinopril 10mg I started in July. On the 17th of October it has been 90 days on this med. In addition, I d/c'd Xanax September 22nd, almost 1 month ago.

So far this month, I have had 2 migraines in 19 days. This is remarkable to me and the first time in 7 years the frequency has been dimished like this.

I am hoping this will continue and plan to keep track for at least 1 year before I can say migraine is no longer an major issue.

I think Xanax was causing a lot of rebound migraine and I am so glad to be free of that!

Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan on Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:44 am

This goes to show how much "medicine specific" we are to a class of medications. I'm glad Trinity has had great luck with Lisinopril, which is an ACE. It does a couple things, including relaxing the heart and lowering blood pressure. This med will target those that have an overall cardiovascular problem. It may help others, but if your trigger is a hormonal issue, it will not be as much as an effect and a combo of a med that treats a hormonal issue that downstream causes a vascular issue.

What we find with migraines is that there can be be several causes. Each of us must be tailor-treated. There is no perfect solution for us. It is promising that a med like lisinopril available in a generic can be helpful. As a heart patient, I have been on this med before and it can be helpful--in my case it was the heart.

We all must keep pushing onward when there isn't a med that works. This is a very difficult problem which may take many docs, and even many years to treat..

Just weather alone can make us very sick! We know that with pressure variations. What it comes down to is that each of us is lucky if we find something. There is no blanket treatment. The trick is to find a doc that is willing to do a lot of testing. And too--we must push the docs on how we feel.

It's a hard business, but we can all learn from each other.

Good luck!
-PF
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity on Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:50 pm

Hey PF

I agree with everything you said Smile I also would say keep looking for alternatives, talk with others who have the same fight and see what is working. Compare symptoms and triggers. We all have a different biological make up. I just spent 2 days in migraine over our weather change here in Kentucky...it still happens.

But on the bright side, it seems to be improving. Don't stop searching and researching the topic and if your doc doesn't seem that progressive, find another one. My GP had the answer, not a Neuro...sometimes its just the right doc at the right itme.

Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty on Thu 25 Oct 2012, 12:50 am

Happy it`s working for you, Trinity!
and yes, sometimes a regular GP have better ideas because is not such a stucked up "know-it-all" as a neuro can be.

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top