ganglion cyst.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ganglion cyst.

Post  Porsche Fan on Sat 13 Oct 2012, 10:44 pm

here's a different one for you. a ganglion cyst can pop up on a tendon.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00006

i had a radial access heart cath back in may that had some complications. took three sheaths (all entered through the radial artery in the right wrist. it was a bit of a complicated procedure. i lost some blood and the cardios had to put a lot of pressure on my wrist. i had some tendon damage and grew a irritable ganglion cyst. wrist became rather painful.

saw my ortho surgeon and he xrayed my wrist. wanted to rule out anything broken. he injected the cyst with 3 ml of cortisone.....wow! i was suprised. giant needle disappeared into my wrist. it shot up my heart rate for a couple days and gave me an uber head ache, but they have subsided and heart rate went back down. wrist is much better.

strange thing. just one of the goofy things going on. the cyst will probably come back and need to be removed. but it's nice to able to type again without a bunch of pain.

cheers.
-pf
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ganglion cyst.

Post  Cluelesskitty on Thu 25 Oct 2012, 12:59 am

Oyyyy, you poor guy!!
a ganglion cyst, how dares it ganging up on our favorite hunk`s hand !!!!!

here`s what I am going to do next time to the bad ganglion cyst if it dares to think of our Marc again!

giant needle disappeared into my wrist. it shot up my heart rate for a couple days

peanuts comparing to your experience, but it also shot up my heart rate when I read this !

I am glad however the dr helped, and it`s all better now.

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan on Sat 27 Oct 2012, 3:10 am

argh, not so fast my friend.

ganglion cysts respond to coritsone for a short period time. the only real way is to have it cut out by a hand/wrist surgeon.

with more activity, like the fall clean-up from all the blasted leaves, the sucker hurts.

since the side-effects were not all that pleasant, if a more permanant fix such as surgery is offered, I'd take surgery. My body does not like cortisone!

Ugly,

but thanks.

Last edited by Porsche Fan on Sat 27 Oct 2012, 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i needz to learn how to spell.)
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache on Sun 28 Oct 2012, 6:14 pm

Here's an easier way to get rid of a ganglion cyst. Whack it with a heavy book. It is safe and not that painful. They usually dont come back. Ganglion cysts are also known as Bible Cysts because that is the book commonly used. I have done this on myself and a friend. It really works!
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan on Wed 31 Oct 2012, 11:06 pm

thanks cindy....i'm a little worried that i might cause myself a little more harm than good than smacking it. my wrist was normal until the cardio guys had to put so much pressure on the radial artery when i had the cath done with access through it. so far, things are better since the shot, but once it aches again i'll see a hand and wrist surgeon.

body builds scar tissue left and right, so i don't want to add insult to injury. i may just smack my head with a bible instead!
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache on Fri 02 Nov 2012, 3:25 am

Laughing

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty on Fri 02 Nov 2012, 5:21 pm

lol Marc.. it occurred to me, perhaps you'd rather should smack with the Bible them cardio guys who screwed up your veins???

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top