The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update- migraines and fainting

Go down

Update- migraines and fainting Empty Update- migraines and fainting

Post  sconesail Sat 27 Oct 2012, 6:36 am

Hi All,

I haven't posted for a while, so I thought I'd give you a quick update.

Good News: Dora is back from training and is doing really well. She alerts to the migraine symptoms as well as the fainting. She is actually a few minutes ahead of some of the bad symptoms such as slurred speech, hallucinations. She basically acts like she does during a regular alert, but instead of sitting down or blocking the path, she puts her paws next to me and tried to get my attention. It took me a while to figure out what she was telling me, but it is intresting that she can detect that too.

The fainting is still a huge problem, but Dora has prevented a good many of them by making sure I get to the ground first. She will not let me get up until she knows I won't fall again.

I know my brother probably won't ever truly grasp the fainting. He is a very nervous father. But he seems to be so terrified that I might faint, that he doesn't seem to want me around my nephew. I hope he will calm down. It is just frustrating that he is that scared of me. (the last time I saw my nephew, I had just entered his house and was waiting to be told where to go- and he literally said- "sit down somewhere, you can't faint here." His wife is calmer- but also much younger than my brother- and she seems ok with my being seeing and holding my nephew-as long as I am sitting. (he is a month old.) I don't know if John will ever understand the fainting. I do know that I still love my brother dearly, and I love my nephew. I will give them some time to get out of the nervous parents stage, try to explain to John that this isn't as scary as he thinks it is, and hope that helps.

I've had a few rough weeks head wise. It is pretty bad today. Fortunataely, I don't have anything I have to do today. So I will probably just take the meds and rest. The klonopin, ultram and tylenol 3 are helping some, but it is still pretty bad.

I'd love any thoughs or advice on anything.

pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down