Does the Childhood Migraine persist

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does the Childhood Migraine persist

Post  familydr95 on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 3:17 am

According to the my experience Childhood Migraine is not that much common and they are not persist longer. Can you share your experience of Childhood migraine with us Basketball
familydr95
One star
One star

View user profile http://protectyourhealthtips.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Does the Childhood Migraine persist

Post  30yrsofheadache on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 4:25 am

My migraines started at age 13. I am nearing menopause, and they are still going strong. My daughter had them since she was a small child. They were severe during childhood, causing her to miss some school most weeks.

She was under the care of some excellent Dr.'s and put on preventatives. Now in college she can usually abort a headache with over the counter meds and is no longer on preventatives. So, I think it is individual about whether or not they improve.
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 6:50 am

I have had migraines since I was 16 and still have them at 57. I have talked with other women about the longevity of migraine. Some women found the migraines were hormonal and no longer occurred after menopause. I am in menopause and still deal with them.

One woman told me when she stopped working outside the home, her migraines were gone and she thought stress may have been her trigger.

I think that more study should be placed on what "triggers" a migraine and where in the brain that takes place. If that were done, I think science would come a long way in reducing the " lifetime sentence and no hope for parole" we migrainuers live with.

Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  familydr95 on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 10:19 pm

7777Trinity wrote:I have had migraines since I was 16 and still have them at 57. I have talked with other women about the longevity of migraine. Some women found the migraines were hormonal and no longer occurred after menopause. I am in menopause and still deal with them.

One woman told me when she stopped working outside the home, her migraines were gone and she thought stress may have been her trigger.

I think that more study should be placed on what "triggers" a migraine and where in the brain that takes place. If that were done, I think science would come a long way in reducing the " lifetime sentence and no hope for parole" we migrainuers live with.

Trinity

7777Trinity I think menapause does not prevent migraine as it may increase the migraine of a women. Therefore I thnk in post menapausal womens migraine is high Question

Other thing is now scientist havw found that it occurs in the opthalmic region of the brain is not it..? Basketball
familydr95
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Post  familydr95 on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 10:22 pm

30yrsofheadache wrote:My migraines started at age 13. I am nearing menopause, and they are still going strong. My daughter had them since she was a small child. They were severe during childhood, causing her to miss some school most weeks.

She was under the care of some excellent Dr.'s and put on preventatives. Now in college she can usually abort a headache with over the counter meds and is no longer on preventatives. So, I think it is individual about whether or not they improve.
Cindy

Hello 30yrsofheadache,
I am happy to hurt that your daughter is in a better stage than you Smile
However by your explanation I can understand the family tendency of migraine. It goes with the family specially with the females scratch
familydr95
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top