The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neuro sent me a tens machine with no information how or where to use it?

5 posters

Go down

Neuro sent me a tens machine with no information how or where to use it? Empty Neuro sent me a tens machine with no information how or where to use it?

Post  Greeneyes Tue 18 Jun 2013, 1:40 pm

I saw my neurologist a couple of weeks ago because the migraines have been awful.  During the visit he mentioned that he would send me a tens machine..so I received it in the mail..I don't know where to apply the things(sorry can't think of the word)..you can't apply it in certain areas.  He didn't discuss this at the visit..and he is out on vacation.  Has anyone tried this for chronic migraines..did it help you?  Would appreciate any advice?  Thank you!

greeneyes❤I love you

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Neuro sent me a tens machine with no information how or where to use it? Empty Re: Neuro sent me a tens machine with no information how or where to use it?

Post  Ruth Tue 18 Jun 2013, 7:50 pm

I have tried my husbands TENS unit before and I'm sorry to say it didn't help the migraines, but everyone is different and his machine is quite old so the newer ones may work Wendy.
Sorry I couldn't be more encouraging.  Hope you feel better soon.

Ruth
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Neuro sent me a tens machine with no information how or where to use it? Empty Re: Neuro sent me a tens machine with no information how or where to use it?

Post  sconesail Wed 19 Jun 2013, 2:08 pm

Hi,

I don't know if this helps, but I have used a tens unit before. I think I placed the things on the back of my neck for about 10-20 minutes at a time. It doesn't hurt, just gives kind of a tingling sensation. I hope this helps. Have you tried asking someone in his office about it. Usually, physical therapists may know more about the tens unit than the drs. (You could always check on this.)

Hope it helps.

Hang in there.

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Wed 19 Jun 2013, 5:40 pm

Thank You so much, Sara I love you My head was hurting; I tried to google it myself, but my head was all foggy. 
Thanks for all the other responses as well. Finally got a hold of my Neuro. He was supposed to include an appt. w/Physical Therapy for usage instructions.
Just waiting for the call-back to set it all up. 

Love You, My Migraine Angels I love youI love you

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu 20 Jun 2013, 8:28 am

I'm glad you got the reply and some direction.  I find the tens didn't work when applied to my head but that when applied to my neck it is great!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Sat 22 Jun 2013, 3:54 am

Thank you too Milo..my appointment is next Wednesday..so my hubby has tried it on my neck and shoulders.  It has helped my neck..I have fibromyalgia so I thought what the heck I was in pain why not ?  It did say right it the little book it would not help headaches. so I don't know quite what to think.  Waiting to see what the physical therapist says..

Hope that you are doing well migraine friend!

:heart:greeneyes

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down