Bad, Bad migraine

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bad, Bad migraine

Post  sconesail on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:00 am

Hi All,
to
I have had a pretty bad one for a few days, but this morning it just really hit me! It is that horrible "Colt-45" type headache and I just don't know what toi do or if anything can be done anymore.

At this point- I usually try either steroids or an IV of Depakan.

My only problem with the IV is that it hasn't been working as well and I am going on a trip in two weeks. I'm a bridesmaid at a friend's wedding and from there, I will meet my family in the mountains. Usually, I can make it through things and the headache gets bad after any big event. So I am kind of trying to save the IV because I will probably need it then. I can only get one every 4-6 weeks and the last few haven't been that effective.

I could do a short course of steroids and probably will. I do have some on hand- so probably best to knock it out that way.

I just hate this whole situation with a passion. The pain is still bad- the meds- Tylenol 3, ultram, klonopin, and benedryl are helping a bit, but not enough. I am on long acting Ultram as well. It does work some and is better for me than the most of the longer acting narcotics- and I don't want to go back on those unless I have to..
e
I guess the only thing to do is try to distract myself somehow, take the meds and the steroids, curl up with Dora and ice packs and wait it out. Maybe a nap this afternoon and a small dose of zanaflex will help.

Thanks for listening.

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bad, Bad migraine

Post  Sara79 on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 10:46 am

Sending gentle hugs your way. I can't offer any advice, but wanted to let you know you're being heard and kept in my thoughts/prayers.

From the way the board's tone's been lately (so many of us having such a rough time), it's time to break out the voodoo chickens again everybody. It sure can't hurt.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 6:38 pm

Scone
I am so sorry the "Monster" is cracking open your head too. It's been a bad siege for me as well. Try to rest as much as you can, ice pack your head and a cold wet wash cloth over your eyes might help some too. Praying!

Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sconesail on Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:09 am

Hi All,

Thanks for the good wishes. I did do a short course of steroids and it is helping some. I am trying to get as much rest as possible so I can be ok for the trip next week. (One of my best friends is getting married next sat and I am a bridesmaid. I go from there to the Mountains for a family trip) So, I am going to go with the steroids, rest and all of that treatment.

Head is still bad, but not as bad. Hey, I take any improvement.

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan on Fri 26 Jul 2013, 10:42 pm

Best of luck Scone. Use your arsenal and hopefully the M passes.

Take care!
PF
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Platypus on Fri 26 Jul 2013, 11:43 pm

Good luck scones, and kudos to you for getting out into the world and doing stuff, especially traveling. I can't bring myself to do it.

Distraction works really well for me, if it works for you, you'll do great at the wedding. There's always 700 things going on at once at a wedding, especially when you're in it. Have fun!

-Platy
Platypus
Three Star
Three Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top