I made it- Good news and paying the price.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I made it- Good news and paying the price.

Post  sconesail on Sun 11 Aug 2013, 6:12 am

Hi All,

I actually made it to my best friend's wedding and on a family trip to the mountains! cheers 

I flew up to the wedding with Dora, and had no trouble. I was a bridesmaid and was able to stand or sit through the ceremony! The bride is one of my best friends from college and went to great llengths to make sure I was in the wedding. Instead of processing down the aisle, one of the groomsmen brought me and Dora in from the side. There was also a chair right there so that I could sit if needed. (We pinned a great big bow to Dora's vest- next to the dress, it was the most talked about piece of attire at the wedding.) I had a great time. I was fine through most of the wedding, but once they turned on strobe lights at the reception I kept fainting. Fortunately, my date- also an old friend from college- knew when I needed to leave. So we left, but I had a good time.
I then met the rest of my family in the Mountains and was able to spend a few fun days with my aunt, uncle, parents, and eldest brother. (This brother gets the whole fainting thing, my other brother doesn't understand it at all.) But it was nice.

I have an absolutely horrendous migraine right now. I know that I am paying the price for a few good days. I hate paying the price. It seems like I basically work on a formula trying not to get a bad one, but get it no matter what after a big event. I really haven't felt like doing anything since I got home on Wed. I still don't feel like doing much of anything. Fortunately, the only thing I have to do today is watch some children in the evening for an hour or so. I may just curl up with Dora, a book, take the meds, and rest. I have an appointment with my neuro tomorrow maybe he can help.

Anyway, I just thought I'd post some good news for once.

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I made it- Good news and paying the price.

Post  30yrsofheadache on Sun 11 Aug 2013, 3:48 pm

Dear Scone, I was so hoping you would make it through the wedding and a vacation. I think these small victories are what keep us going through the rest of the bad stuff! Sounds like you had a beautiful day. Sorry you had to pay the price, though:cry: . That is what happened to me with my daughter's wedding. Great day of, bad week after. I hope the Neuro helps you out tomorrow.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  milo on Tue 13 Aug 2013, 12:20 am

So glad you made it!
milo
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Platypus on Wed 14 Aug 2013, 1:32 am

Yay, good for you! Travel is so hard. I can't really do it.
Platypus
Three Star
Three Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan on Wed 14 Aug 2013, 11:37 pm

Good to hear!
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top