Heart Stopped Beating

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Heart Stopped Beating

Post  7777Trinity on Tue 20 Aug 2013, 6:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Has anyone had their heart stop beating when taking meds for migraine? It has happened to me on three different occasions this month. When I have to take Relpax too often and a pain medication to stop the horror.

I am afraid to tell my doctor because they might take away the medication to end the immediate pain. I really wouldn't mind that much if my heart stopped and did not restart, just wondering if that is what is coming.

Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Be safe

Post  KimbaK on Fri 06 Sep 2013, 8:23 pm

My foot is at your disposal!! I'm taking my next dose of pills and making my night-nights. I recently added Melatonin to my nightly chemical stew. If I take around 30 mgs I sleep through the whole night. I even asked my pain management team f that was safe. They recommended 30 mgs, but I looked it up and think I'm ok. Its supposed to be similar to Elavil for migraine suffers. I'm keeping my options open.

Kimba

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heart Stopped Beating

Post  Porsche Fan on Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:53 pm

I'm sorry to hear about this Trinity. Really, non of this makes sense if a cardiologist even if an electrophysiologist was not involved.

You've just spent a couple weeks waiting for the answer from a non-cardiologist. His reaction would be to take you off of medications that could cause an arrhythmia and further heart problems.....

While he should send you for evaluation by a cardiologist. Again, the only way for a prompt evaluation is ER.

I find this amazing, but not surprising. I am in heart failure now, and have been for the last 2 months along with some new diagnoses. Treatment doesn't come by waiting around but I respect your wishes.

The only advice I have is to get into the ER pronto with one of these events as the neuros should even technically defer this to the ER. Heart is priority over everything.

Wishing you peace and best of luck.

-PF
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:04 am

Thanks PF
If it happens again I will consider going. I have mentioned before that my one and only trip to the ER in my town when I was in 17 straight days of migraine, banned me from their ER saying I was seeking narcotics. We live in a rural area and it would take close to an hour to get to another town's ER. MY PCP is also 45 minutes away.

The whole think stinks from the ground up. As far as cardiology, I will consider seeing one. Again, I am at a point where dying might be kinder to me than living.

Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top