This weather change!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This weather change!

Post  7777Trinity on Tue 26 Nov 2013, 12:03 pm

Day 9 in a row with migraine....ugh. We went from 70's and 80's to 20's at night and 30's in the day within a 2 week period. My head is rocking with migraine and trying to adjust. Snowing today, so pretty and I wish I could just sit in the living room and watch the flurries come down, but my head is demanding dark, quiet and cold. Sad

I still haven't done the grocery shopping for our Thanksgiving meal on Thursday and it looks like it will have to be tomorrow. If we were not having company, I would get carry out on Thursday from Cracker Barrel. Smile

Hoping this breaks at least for Thanksgiving Day.

Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Order Take Out!!!

Post  KimbaK on Tue 26 Nov 2013, 11:30 pm

Hi Trinity,

If you aren't up to holiday cooking, order take out. Or have a byof Thanksgiving. (Bring your own food) Hopefully, the people who know and love us understand that sometimes we are just broken and won't be fixed in time for dinner. That said, I am also planning to bake some pies to contribute to our meal.

I am better today after a week long run of migraines that just ramped up late in the evening. By 6 pm I'd be in bed waiting for the meds to help. It would last all night into the next day, then ease long enough to get a few things done, then ramp back up to unbearable again. I decided that I'd go to ER today if it happened again. So far, I'm okay but am doing the "watchful waiting" that dominates so much of all our lives.

I have an apt next week with the neurologist and then the consult with the plastic surgeon who would do the surgery. There was a segment on World News last week about a migraine sufferer who had a similar surgery, but hers included the forehead and temple muscle areas as well as the back of her head. She said the recovery was a bit difficult, but the overall result was so much better than she hoped for. She went from 15+ migraines a month down to 3. affraid 

I could go back to work and be a real person again.

Ok, have to go. I downloaded Windows 8 and my laptop just informed me that it will restart in about 5 minutes so get my @$$ off. So, I will be back sometime tomorrow hopefully.

Love,
K:sleep: 

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This weather change!

Post  30yrsofheadache on Wed 27 Nov 2013, 6:00 am

I hope you are able to get out to do the shopping today Cool . One of the most frustrating thing about migraines is having to compact your living into the feeling OK moments. Things just seem to snowball. Appointments, errands, routine chores. So hard to get it all in Mad . Do you have other people bring things to the meal? This has always been our custom in our extended family.

Sometimes my part is great, sometimes it is not. This year, I am making three pies. I can spread it out over two days, so I should be good. My husband wants me to make our own turkey tomorrow. But, we have been married long enough for him to know it might be him cooking the turkey on Friday:D .
Happy Thanksgiving!
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl on Wed 27 Nov 2013, 7:26 pm

I hope you are feeling better and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tortoisegirl on Wed 27 Nov 2013, 8:01 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hosting a holiday meal is challenging enough even without chronic pain.

Definitely make it as easy on yourself as possible; there are some shortcuts you could take as far as pre-prepared food, whether it just cuts your prep time or its a complete dish/meal. That can get expensive though. Nothing wrong with going simple too...who needs 10 different dishes?

We're flying out tomorrow to spend the holiday with some friends. Chose to go on the holiday than take two extra days off on the back end, vs. flying Wed and Sun like everyone else. Hoping everything goes smoothly. I've also been in a bad cycle, but can't complain as I've had many months of relatively good times.

To everyone who is travelling--stay safe. Best wishes.

tortoisegirl
Two star
Two star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity on Thu 28 Nov 2013, 5:47 pm

I did the grocery shopping yesterday and nearly passed out in Wal-mart. I didn't feel hungry at all but started shaking and sweating and feeling very light headed. I started drinking an RC while in the store and some chicken nuggets, both I was eating and drinking while in the check out line and handed over my half consumed packages to be rung up.

Good Night! It must have been just too much to do after so many days with the migraine monster.

The good news is that my husband really stepped up to the plate and helped this year along with our niece who is visiting for a few days. Toda y was a good day, the meals turned out fine and I didn't have to do the clean up Smile

Kimbak: As for the Nerve Decompression surgery, the surgeon in Boston had his nurse call me Wednesday. She said they reviewed all my medical records and determined that I am a candidate for an office evaluation to determine what areas he will do the surgery on. I have made a chart of 3 pictures of my head, top, front and back and mark with small X's where the pain is. He will use that to go hunting for the "monster". I had to call the Hospital in Boston and give them all my info and insurance etc. I call them on Monday and give them my MR number from the hospital, which shows I have been pre-approved and they give me the appointment date. I am going to ask to have my surgery scheduled the same week as the evaluation appt. It is an 18 hour drive from Kentucky to Boston, so I only want to do that once and then back home once. I am so excited for you too and it is the first time I have felt "real hope" Smile

Let me know how everything goes for you!
Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Platypus on Sat 30 Nov 2013, 12:52 am

I had a nice Thanksgivukah at some friends. After dinner my head started hurting so I bid farewell. By the time I got home it was roaring. Needed two shots of Demerol.
Platypus
Three Star
Three Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity on Sat 30 Nov 2013, 1:08 pm

Platy
So sorry! What a rotten way to end Thanksgiving Day.... I have had a couple of days that are okay, hoping it last a few more.

Hope things get better for you soon!
Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top