The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad M- Frustrated/vent

3 posters

Go down

Bad M- Frustrated/vent Empty Bad M- Frustrated/vent

Post  sconesail Wed 15 Jan 2014, 2:56 pm

Hi All,

Ok, today started out well enough, but then I started fainting like crazy while the Dog trainer was here (Dora is a great dog, we are just working on some minor issues.) Dora didn't miss an alert- even though I fainted about 5 times in 40 minutes. My head is also bad about a 9, with the added bonus of nausea. I have taken some Benedryl, Phenergan, klonopin, and Tylenol 3 and it is helping some.

I am really frustrated with all of this. I also have a call in to my psychiatrist as I will run out of one medicine before I see him on the 20th. I can live without it and certainly can stretch it out, it is just frustrating. I am surprised because his office is usually very quick to respond. I really hate this whole thing. I do not want to sound like a drug seeker and hate the fact that I have had to leave a message both yesterday and today for his office, and also checked the pharmacy, all I can do is wait. I hope this doesn't sound bad.

I am just frustrated by the whole situation. I hate the fainting, hate the migraines and am really tired of having to deal with it all the time. I know I will make it though, but just needed to vent a biit.

pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Bad M- Frustrated/vent Empty Re: Bad M- Frustrated/vent

Post  7777Trinity Wed 15 Jan 2014, 3:20 pm

Scone
I am so sorry you are in this place...ugh! I have been hit hard too with the Migraine Monster, woke up this morning beyond a 10. Took Relpax and two percocets and it took over 5 hours to get ANY relief. Our weather here is going crazy we are 18 degrees today, 40 tomorrow and then back down again, had rain for 3 days before this and it slays me.

I can't want until I get on that plane for Boston this month to see the surgeon and schedule to get this Nerve Decompression surgery done!!

I am praying and will pray for you, that somehow all of us will make it through to a brighter, less pain life.

Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Thu 16 Jan 2014, 5:27 am

Safe, germ free cyber hugs for all...I picked up the flu around New Years, and as always, it's settled into my sinuses.  I started an antibiotic yesterday, but I'm miserable.  If the sinus pressure/pain wasn't bad enough, I can't breathe well enough to wear my CPAP, so I'm having more headaches/migraines from not truly sleeping, just becoming an unconscious chainsaw.  Plus, I've used up four boxes of kleenex, and my nose is raw.  At least the fever/chills have been gone since the 3rd of January.

Sorry it's becoming a big, owww my head hurts thread, Scone.  I hope your doc will get your meds dealt with before you're at the desperation point, I hate having to wait for a call back.  My new neuro's good about phoning in a med, but they never call and tell me they did, so the first I find out about a med change is when the pharmacy texts me that it's ready.

Trinity- hoping the surgery really helps you!  It would be so nice for one of us to find something that helps them...it gives all the rest of us hope.

Note for all- The flu has been really bad this year!!!  I've seen more adult patients come down with the H1N1 strain, and end up hospitalized than I ever remember.  Some end up intubated and on a vent, and it's not the typical from past years very young or very old pt, it's the average adult who's not dealing with living with a chronic condition.  Please keep washing your hands/using hand sanitizer.  I'd hate to hear that any of you all ended up inpatient with the flu.  If you can, and haven't already, get a flu shot, it's not too late.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity Thu 16 Jan 2014, 2:08 pm

Sara
My husband got the flu shot and ended up getting the flu anyway. It was horrible, he was sick for a month throwing up and diarrhea. I have never had the flu in my life (58 years old) and have never had the flu shot. I took care of my husband, cleaned up after him, bathroom, linens blankets etc. and did not get sick. I think you hit on a very important part of staying well is hand washing frequently. I also believe keeping the sick person clean, showering even when they don't feel like it, making them wash their hands.

I cleaned the bathrooms daily and slept in another room a few nights when he was coughing so bad. He has always gotten a flu shot every year and every year gets the flu.

While I believe in immunizations, I am not so sure about the flu shot. Where we live, several people were very sick with the flu even after getting the shot. I don't think the flu immunizations are working any longer, there are too many strains. Just my take on this.

Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Thu 16 Jan 2014, 9:36 pm

Since I work in a hospital setting, I've had the flu shot too. They pretty much insist that we get one, simply because of our level of exposure. I know that this year's shot wasn't the best match, which is why so many of us who did get the shot caught the strain going around. Some years they guess which strain is going to hit us better than others, which is something they guess on about 8 months before flu season.

Even before I moved over to the hospital I got the flu shot, I always seemed to be in either a high risk job or working with a high risk population (childcare, high exposure and infants who couldn't get the shot). Some years it was nearly foolproof, others it wasn't a good match like this year.

I'm sorry to hear your husband had it so bad, and had the tummy bug with it. I know everybody thinks that the stomach upset is part of the flu, but it's actually a different germ, or a side effect from the drainage and coughing. (depending on which end is acting up-sorry TMI) You did do everything you possibly could to prevent you from catching it, which is impressive, not many people would do all that every day for so long.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down