The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nerve Decompression Surgeon - Link

2 posters

Go down

Nerve Decompression Surgeon - Link Empty Nerve Decompression Surgeon - Link

Post  7777Trinity Wed 29 Jan 2014, 6:32 pm

Link to a video of the surgeon who is in Boston who will do the nerve decompression surgery for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xakfVFci-p4

I am starting to get excited. I had the opportunity to see videos of a couple of people 2-3 months after the procedure, two of them had no migraines, the other a mild headache about twice a month and only needs Motrin to get rid of it Smile All my surgeons patients.

I am hopeful and feel very good about this. We are going to chronicle this by photographing immediately after surgery the surgery sites and commenting on how I am doing in each photo every other day. We will do this for 3 weeks which is when I should start feeling better. Then once a week until I am 3 months post op. We will place this in an album on my FaceBook and leave a link here so everyone can literally see what this procedure is.

Keep Kimbak in your prayers that her insurance will approve this surgery for her as well!!!

Trinity

7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Nerve Decompression Surgeon - Link Empty Hi Trinity

Post  KimbaK Mon 24 Feb 2014, 11:47 am

Hey Trinity,

I've been having a lot of pain lately and haven't posted or even lurked in a long time. I hope your surgery is rolling along. Still waiting for some kind of update on mine.

Thanks for thinking of me. I keep you in mind too, even when I'm not lurking about.

K

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Nerve Decompression Surgeon - Link Empty Re: Nerve Decompression Surgeon - Link

Post  7777Trinity Mon 24 Feb 2014, 4:12 pm

Hey Kim:
I am still waiting for insurance approval too. Hoping it will come soon, I can't get there soon enough. One thing the surgeon told me is that people who use high amounts of pain medication daily do not as well with the surgery, because the nerves are "addicted" to the pain medications. I have stopped the Percocet completely and am only using an abortive medication (Relpax) and Xanax along with Phenergan for nausea. If the pain gets too bad I just put myself "down" with the Xanax. (sleep until the migraine is gone).

Percocet withdrawal has not been too bad, a couple of cranky and irritable days, but now I am okay again. I want the best possible outcome from this surgery and don't want to sabotage myself. I read on another migraine forum someone who had the surgery and was doing really well, they started taking their old Tramadol for an energy pick me up because they were so fatigued after the surgery. The Tramadol triggered that "nerve addiction" in the remaining nerves and now they are back where they started again with migraines. Breaks my heart to hear that.

I have started taking multi vitamins every day to boost my energy levels prior to surgery and will continue them. I get the kind that look like gummy bears, chewables for adults made by Multi Fusion. My stomach can't handle hard vitamin pills.

I can't remember what your meds are, but I wanted to tell you what my surgeon said and I wanted to learn from other peoples mistakes, so you could too. I am praying that we both will have the best recovery and life possible after we get this done!!!
Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Nerve Decompression Surgeon - Link Empty Re: Nerve Decompression Surgeon - Link

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down