The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good News- for once

5 posters

Go down

Good News- for once Empty Good News- for once

Post  sconesail Fri 28 Feb 2014, 2:24 pm

Hi All,

I thought I would post some good news for once- as I have some to share.

Most of you know that I faint quite a bit. I have also written about the fact that one of my brothers, whom I will simply refer to as J, has never understood the fainting. My parents, both physicians have tried to explain it to him, I have tried to get him to understand it for the past five years. I know it scares him. I sometimes wonder if it is the fact that he is my big brother and wants to protect me, but couldn't. Also, when his son was born, whom I adore, I made a deal with him- I could hold the baby, play with him on the floor, but not pick him up. He also called about five times the evening he and E, his wife and my wonderful SIL, announced to my parents that they would be grandparents. I have run into other rooms so as not fall in front of him.

Anyway, that is the background. Last week, he called to check in and we chatted for a good while and then he asked, "Do you have dysautonomia?" I said, "Yes, J." A few hours later he called back and asked "Do you have POTS? (postural orthostatic hypotension). I said, "yes. Why?" He said he had a business contact who had it and he mentioned me, and asked me if it was ok to share my email and contact information. I said that it was fine. I then got an email with his business contact's information, the information of two other people she knows who have this and live in my state and the name of two doctors.

I was absolutely amazed! For a second, I wondered if this could possibly be the same brother who has been so scared of the fainting that he once told me that "I wasn't allowed to faint at dinner, but I couldn't bring Dora either. It turns out that it is. His business contact and I have emailed back and forth a bit. I have to give him some credit- he is great at networking, when it works to his advantage. I'm just glad that he is finally trying to understand this. I don't know if it the fact that he realized that we were not the only people dealing with disease or something else changed. Whatever the case may be, I am quite relieved and very thankful.

I thought I'd share because y'all have really been here for me through the ups and downs of fainting and migraines and I appreciate it more than I can ever say.

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Good News- for once Empty Re: Good News- for once

Post  Migrainegirl Fri 28 Feb 2014, 9:35 pm

I'm glad your brother seems to be getting a better understanding if it. Probably the fact that he now knows of others with the same issues makes it not quite so strange to him.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Sun 02 Mar 2014, 1:26 pm

It's so nice when you hear of others who have the same illness, not exactly nice but it makes you feel as though you're not alone. So glad your brother seems to have changed his attitude about your illness now. Take care and thanks for sharing.

Ruth
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sun 02 Mar 2014, 11:54 pm

Yay! I always am a silent cheerleader for you and your family relationships.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Wed 05 Mar 2014, 6:28 pm

What a hopeful breakthrough! yay!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down