Stupid mistakes are so embarrassing...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stupid mistakes are so embarrassing...

Post  KimbaK on Fri 07 Mar 2014, 2:26 am

I have a question:  tonight I had Mexican food for dinner.  Best food I'd had in forever!!  Sadly it did not sit all that well in my stomach, so when I woke at 1 with a tummy ache, I reached for my Phenergren.  I took 4 because I don't medicate easily, never have.  You have to hit me with an elephant gun to get me to even notice I may have been hit.  

Well, when I put on my glasses I realized that I'd taken 4 of my Dilaudid, not  Phenergren.   An hour and a half later, I'm getting a little sleepy but nothing I can't handle. 16 mgs of Dilaudid is more than I've taken at one time.  I don't feel any different.  Just sleepy.

So do yall think I need to go to ER or anything?  I'd rather not.  This was a stupid mistake and I don't want it labeled suicide attempt or something equally wrong.   I will put on my damn glasses before I take the top off any bottle from now on.  I feel fine.  Pulse oximeter says my O2 sat is 96.

Any thoughts?
K

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid mistakes are so embarrassing...

Post  7777Trinity on Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:47 am

KIM!!!!!

Are you still with us??? I imagine you will sleep til noon today Smile

Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  milo on Fri 07 Mar 2014, 9:49 am

Have you had any other CNS depressants on board at the same time?

If it were me, I would have someone stay with me to wake me every 15 minutes. The half life should be about 2 & 1/2 hours so the worst should be over at the peak then and I would keep getting woken up hourly until I am past the five hour mark.

This is not in any way meant to replace medical advice.

Keep us updated please!
milo
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity on Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:28 pm

Does anyone know how we can check on Kimbak off site? It's been 12 hours since she posted she took too many Dilaudid and we have not heard anything from her. I am a little worried.

Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty on Fri 07 Mar 2014, 6:17 pm

I am concerned, too, unfortunately I don`t have her private details anymore (if I ever had)  since my computer crashed last summer.
Does anyone know her last name, could check online ph directory, she does have children, maybe either one would pick up a phone?

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sorry!!!! I'm fine!!

Post  KimbaK on Fri 07 Mar 2014, 10:58 pm

Sorry everybody!! I went on Taylor's field trip today and then she had to go to her dad's for spring break so I didn't have time to get back on til now.

Sadly, 16 mgs of Dilaudid barely made me sleepy. Even after my 10 mgs of Ambien 4 hours earlier. I moved to the couch and turned on the TV and kept myself up just to be on the safe side. No problems. I was a little sleepy, but nothing I couldn't handle. I kept my mom's pulse oximeter on and my O2 sats never dropped below 95. I was a little tired today but nothing I couldn't handle.

I took my daughter on her field trip to the wetlands. One of the local plants created a wetland preserve and the 5th graders go see it every year.

While I'm glad I didn't do any damage to myself, I'm also very weirded out by the fact that even a boatload of meds don't knock me out. Dear Lord, if I'm ever in that much pain again, (I'm sorry, when) what am I going to do???

Again, sorry I was so late coming back. Its been a very weird day.

K

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty on Sat 08 Mar 2014, 6:39 am

Good to know you are safe and sound, Kim!

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity on Sat 08 Mar 2014, 8:30 am

Kim
So glad you are okay Smile I kind of freaked when we didn't hear from you. Smile

Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top