The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God's Not Dead

3 posters

Go down

God's Not Dead Empty God's Not Dead

Post  7777Trinity Sat 22 Mar 2014, 5:21 pm

We just got back from seeing "God's Not Dead" at the Showplace Cinemas in Evansville. It has only been out 2 days, the tickets were sold out we were told. We did get our tickets and saw this movie. The movie was excellent, but there was something BIG happening in that theatre spiritually..... Every seat was filled and every person had one thing on their mind...GOD. I have never felt the presence of God in a "corporate" way like this before in my life. It was as though every human in those seats, we were all connected by the Holy Spirit and dare I say a sensation like Pentecost. Picture about 200 hundred people all in the same spirit, all seeking God and then put them all in the same place, inches from each other. The power was tangible, almost electric in the air. WHY is this not happening in our Churches? Whatever we have been doing, the way we have handled doing church...our hearts have got to change, because today, in that theatre I WAS IN CHURCH!

(There was also a sensation of being in the "Borg" of Star Trek", all hearts connected) So great!

Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

God's Not Dead Empty Re: God's Not Dead

Post  Cluelesskitty Sat 29 Mar 2014, 11:07 pm

Well, I can only guess:
-  perhaps going to church becomes just one more chore to do in one's everyday extremely busy, overstressed life?
A lot of people I know go to a mass b/c they feel they shouldn't skip it, not b/c they truly joyously want to attend.
Or perhaps it's a  leader - the leader needs to be talented to feel this role, like with everything else.
A talentless leader will not create an exciting atmosphere, the one you just described.
again, from my experience- I often hear from my friend how annoying is the recent head priest newly appointed in their local  r-c church.
This causes the regular members dropping out like flies, going to a nearby parishes. not good, I guess.

Also, I haven't seen the movie, but I am guessing again  that  perhaps the movie is packed with an exciting subject whereas the regular
daily/weekly/ monthly church meeting is rather uneventful, comparing. this (the movie) may cause fast and sudden  rise of emotions
otherwise not experienced during a regular church attendance?

I am glad, tough,  Trinity, that  the movie was a source of such joy and excitement for you.
The way you describe it, I almost got 'electricized' myself! Smile
wow, it must have been some experience !-  glad you had a chance to  get your tickets and enjoy the movie and the atmosphere.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity Sun 30 Mar 2014, 8:41 am

Thanks Risa Smile

The movie was about a college student in a philosophy course, his professor require everyone write on a piece of paper that "God is Dead" and then sign their name to it. Anyone who didn't sign it was threatened with failure of the course.

One student refused to sign it and that started a "legal" type debate with the student as the Defense attorney, the professor as prosecutor and the rest of the students as the Jury.

The movie was based on a true event at this university. The professor consistently would seek out this student threatening him to drop the debate or he would make sure the student would never be accepted to any Law School in the country.

I realize you may not believe in God Risa, or have an active faith functioning in your life. That's your choice. I would however, encourage you to see the movie to see the student's choice and how he handled such an adverse situation. Smile

Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sun 30 Mar 2014, 4:33 pm

Oh, but I do - just not the way you do Smile I am an agnostic theist:
agnostic theism

I simply believe there is something, some higher power out there, but we as people  have no way knowing 'what' is it.
To me certainly nothing  whatever any known religion or  whatever belief describes God is with  his rules and/or expectations
could be true. It is just not possible.
I do keep in my mind, though, the idea behind the belief is, well,  belief Smile
not the rational or scientific proof.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Wed 02 Apr 2014, 11:51 am

Haven't seen this movie, haven't even seen it advertised in Calgary, but we did go and see Son of God recently. Have you seen that one Trinity? It was really good.
We are planning on going to see Noah soon but I hear they twist the Bible around, nothing unusual these days though! As long as we know the truth Smile

Ruth
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum