The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Anyone Heard From Kimbak??

2 posters

Go down

Has Anyone Heard From Kimbak?? Empty Has Anyone Heard From Kimbak??

Post  7777Trinity Mon 28 Apr 2014, 8:17 am

Has anyone heard from Kimbak? Did she get into the OR Friday after all, or did they reschedule her?

7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Has Anyone Heard From Kimbak?? Empty Hi

Post  KimbaK Mon 28 Apr 2014, 9:40 am

Hey Trin,

Thanks for hanging in with me. I think I've gone crazy and am now so burned out there's no feeling left. I posted from the hospital waiting room and didn't keep my link open afterward.

I know its going to be okay, but having all of my hope yanked right out from under me was brutal. I didn't cry, but I was screaming on the inside. I am hoping to get on the schedule for this week, but "hope for the best, prep for the worst" is my motto right now. I know things just happen sometimes and I'm not the only person. I just was so psyched and ready that not having it done as planned has really thrown me into a tailspin. I've had to really bite my tongue not to snap at my family. And its not their fault. My dad was ready to go over there and cuss the surgeon out. I'm the youngest child although I'm 42 years old, but "you'll always be my baby. And nobody messes with my babies."

Oh well, at least I get to dye my roots one more time before they shave off some hair. Can you imagine trying to dye hair after shaving off s chunk to the scalp?. I'd be the person whose head absorbed the dye and never faded. And end up looking like an Oreo cookie or something. I'm very white-skinned and my scalp has never seen the light of day. I was born with a head full of hair. And some facial hair according to my mother.

The surgery sound pretty good. Per the neuro, some people experience relief immediately. The incision is kind of numb, as the nerves have pulled away from the irritated area. By month 2, things are getting back to normal. With the increased space, the nerves are not so reactive to pain and there is less negative stimulus. Within month 2, the pain medication should be starting to taper off, if the patient needed it at all. Some people have pain due to the inflammation of the incision and that is where the most pain occurs. (If I understand this correctly).

As soon as I know, I'll share. I just wish there was a magic cure for every single one of us. I'm going to log out now, because the pain is ramping up so bad I can't see straight any more. I wish the drugs would kick in and knock me out.

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Has Anyone Heard From Kimbak?? Empty Re: Has Anyone Heard From Kimbak??

Post  7777Trinity Mon 28 Apr 2014, 10:15 am

Kim!
So glad to hear from you Smile I understand about the hair color thing, I decided to take this opportunity to stop coloring my hair. So in anticipation of having my head shaved, I cut it very short and at present all the hair color is out and my silver and black are back in. I am 59 and at this point I don't give a hoot about my hair being silver. If it was that gross grey color, it might be a different story Smile

I am glad you have your Dad and family there to help you cope. Saturday we got the call that our 3rd Appeal with Anthem BC/BS was denied. We asked the surgeon to try and precert with Medicare but haven't heard anything back yet.

Please keep in touch on here and let us all know when you are rescheduled for, I hope its this week!

Hang in there, I understand the disappointment. Our church denomination has said they will do a fund raiser within all of their Churches (about 600) to raise the $16,000.00 needed for the surgery and 1 overnight stay at the hospital. I normally get sick after being put under.

This month has been bad for me too, 20 days of migraine in April so far...I hate this monster and I can't wait until he is destroyed forever.

Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Has Anyone Heard From Kimbak?? Empty Hire an attorney?

Post  KimbaK Thu 01 May 2014, 8:52 pm

I don't know if this is a viable option, but could you hire an attorney to force the issue with insurance company? I wish these jerks could have compassion and some kind of future wisdom. We have every opportunity to return to a full life with a comparatively inexpensive treatment (when you evaluate down time, medications, lost wages, etc).

I'm praying for you and will keep you posted on my results!

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Has Anyone Heard From Kimbak?? Empty Re: Has Anyone Heard From Kimbak??

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down