Surgey is over!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Surgey is over!!

Post  KimbaK on Fri 02 May 2014, 8:14 pm

I'm in the hospital post surgery. Procedure took a little over 2 hours. Dr said positioning during surgery takes a full hour. They decided to keep  me overnight and I'm glad.  I have a drain in the surgery area to drain any blood.  I have an IV with Dilaudid every 4 hours.  I have a 5 inch long incision.  The shaved area isn't that big. I came out of anesthesia great. Ate my ice chips and begged for water. Used the toilet and walked a bit. I'm ok. Since I was on my stomach they intubated me during surgery so now my throat hurts.

It HURTS!!! The meds aren't working as well alas I need them too.  My BP is low so I can't have anything else.  I'm not sleepy so I can't even sleep through this.  I want to go home. I want my neck to stop hurting. I'm totally feeling sorry for myself. The hospital is nice and more like a hotel with pretty decent food. I enjoyed my soup and pudding.  

But this is definitely more intense than I thought it would be. I snuck a Musle relaxer as I'm totally knotted up. My dad said surgeon told him my left side was so tight around nerves he thinks I should have relief very soon.

Kim

PS: trinity you're in my thoughts & prayers.

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Surgey is over!!

Post  Migrainegirl on Fri 02 May 2014, 9:07 pm

I'm glad you were able to get it done. Hang in there. I hope you get through recovery soon.
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Platypus on Fri 02 May 2014, 9:34 pm

Wow, breathe deep! Going home tomorrow? Can't wait to hear about your progress. Hope you can say goodbye to migraines!

Platy
Platypus
Three Star
Three Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tortoisegirl on Fri 02 May 2014, 10:08 pm

Congrats on being done with the surgery! I hope the hospital stay is over soon and you recover quickly. Sorry you are struggling right now. Definitely pester them about what else they can do to get your pain down and/or help you sleep. Can you get ice packs at regular intervals for example? Best wishes.

tortoisegirl
Two star
Two star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity on Sat 03 May 2014, 5:30 am

Kim
Hurray!!!!!!! So the surgeon only did your neck, that must be where most of the trigger was. I am so happy for you Smile

Keep us all in the loop on how things are!
Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

i really really want to go home!!

Post  KimbaK on Sat 03 May 2014, 7:06 am

I am very sore today and they have me on a fluid diet. I'm starving. Did not sleep well and had migraines. Relpax took care of it. My neck is killing me and they are under medicating me. Thank God I brought my own stuff. Seriously. I'm tough and I can handle pain but this is intense. Scalp is numb but neck is excruciating. Can't get comfortable. Boo hoo poor me.

I'm ok just really hurting. This is a long terms solution and I will be ok.

K

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: