The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 months since surgery update

2 posters

Go down

6 months since surgery update Empty 6 months since surgery update

Post  7777Trinity Thu 04 Dec 2014, 10:42 am

Hi everyone!

Well, I have finally made the 6 month mark after the Migraine Nerve Decompression surgery Smile So far in 6 months I have only had 5 migraines. Such an incredible change from the 20-23 migraine days each month before surgery.

Now I have to wait until the 1 year mark to determine the final outcome, which I believe will steadily improve. At this point, I have about a 98% reduction of migraine frequency or better from this surgery:)

I am still trying to pace myself, my mind is ready to do everything but my body is still trying to catch up from years of being bedridden. So a different set of issues, like muscle spasms in my legs and back because I am hugely more active and those muscles were not used to that. I had Achilles Tendonitis in my heels and had to slow down a bit so I would not tear the tendons that had shrunk. That's all mostly gone now.

My worst illness right now is a rotten cold and I never thought I would be happy about that:)

I hope all of you have a pain free Christmas and if you are able to consider this surgery I would say that W.G. Jay Austen Jr. MD in Boston is the best doing this procedure out of all the surgeon's right now. Next is Dr. David Branch in New England.

Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

6 months since surgery update Empty Re: 6 months since surgery update

Post  Migrainegirl Fri 05 Dec 2014, 9:01 pm

So happy for you! I found that yoga was a great way to gradually get back into shape after being bedridden.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down