Clinical study ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Clinical study ...

Post  Cluelesskitty on Sat 10 Oct 2015, 11:25 pm

anybody heard of this?:

http://www.clinlife.ca/ca/cmp/1728?gclid=CM2QtePVucgCFUmUfgod9dAFzw

I have no idea how old it is. I found it as an add on YT. Wonder if it has any merit? the study, not me finding it , lololol

Not that I would ever participate, but perhaps someone here is/would be interested?

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clinical study ...

Post  7777Trinity on Sun 11 Oct 2015, 9:44 am

Risa
The information seems really vague, I mean they don't really tell you exactly what you are signing up for.....
I have never heard of them either.

Last month was a bad month for me, 15 migraines... terrified me really. After 15 months after surgery of only 3-4 a month and then get slammed like that. So far this month I have had 4.

Emotionally, I have been on a roller coaster wondering is it the weather change or has the surgery ultimately failed?

On the bright side, I was able to lose 21 pounds since July. Another 15 would put me back at my normal weight, but at 60 years old I think I will just drop another 5 and leave it at that. So in that regard, physically I am getting around a whole lot easier and feel better.

Trin
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 on Sun 11 Oct 2015, 9:58 pm

In just not comfy giving then account details before I can see what it is I'm signing up for. To use an old expression, this seems like buying a pig in a poke. I need more than a spam generating annoyance.

Sorry, I've been crabby recently

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 12:53 am

Trinity, I am really sorry about your increased headaches. it IS depressing, the same thing happened to me - I was so happy when after taking
a prolonged doses of antibiotics I got rid of my migraine, only to have it back after a few beautiful months!
so, I know well what are you talking about and how you feel  - I am so, so sorry, you have my deepest sympathy.
Maybe it's not  that the surgery has failed,  maybe it is something else that is creeping up, like, perhaps you should have your blood checked for inflammation or something? maybe fluctuating hormones? anything?
whatever it is, I sincerely hope this unexpected  cluster will soon pass and for well.
You do look wonderful, first thing just looking at your photo I thought to myself "Trinity looks like she'd lost weight?" and bingo,
confirmed that happily  while reading your post Smile

Thanks to both of you for your input regarding the link - I thought the info is very vague, oh well.

It was good to hear from you guys!

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan on Mon 09 Nov 2015, 4:22 am

I would be very weary about enrolling into any type of formal study...this mfg./group does not ring a bell as of the players. http://www.clinlife.ca/what_are_clinical_trials

You really need to dig into a company's background, and how it will affect your treatment. If you are sick, and having trouble with stabilization enrolling into studies is not a pathway. You are a datapoint that is controlled. Your medications are controlled and monitored to a significant degree.

We in the U.S. even through the National Institute of Health have issues with setting a study to a condition, and the risk to the patient. This is a big undertaking especially if you are ill--you stand all the risk for what? A drug company's research cohort?

Not Good unless you really know what you are doing. If your migraines are under control, it's not the wisest to risk a stable regimen. If you start reading professional journals you'll find a lot of pitfalls to all kinds of studies. People are in studies due to the medications they are on and yet never know it.
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top