The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When God Doesn't Heal

2 posters

Go down

When God Doesn't Heal Empty When God Doesn't Heal

Post  7777Trinity Sun 09 Jun 2013, 11:44 am

I am in a firestorm of migraine and wrote this for my FB page folks and for our Church folks. I thought maybe I would share here as well.

Trinity

When God Doesn’t Heal….

We all know of faithful Christian’s who have prayed for healing and it has not come. Why is this? In our human condition, we reason that if we are sold out to God, His Son and Holy Spirit, wouldn’t we be high on the list of His priorities for healing?

The evidence would suggest that this is just not the case. As I sit here this morning with yet another migraine “monster” on the way like a runaway freight train, these thoughts cross my mind and my heart. In fact, these thoughts have been on my mind for nearly 8 years now as I struggle with migraine and cancer. Why doesn’t God deliver me from this agony? Why must I suffer this way?

Truly, I am not alone with these thoughts, there are millions who are so in love with God, yet suffer horribly. In our mind, this doesn’t do much for “evangelism” of the lost. What kind of witness can our suffering be? Does it tell others that God does not care for His own? If that were the case, why bother changing their life decisions?

There is an answer, but it probably is not one that most people want to hear. While God does love those who are of His Household, there is more at stake than our physical health. We want physical health, but at what cost? Let’s just use a scenario for a moment. A person loves God tremendously and is critically ill. God does show up, He does do the physical healing and the person is delivered. What happens next is the person soon forgets their need of God. They no longer find the desire or need to communicate with Him, to lean on Him, to depend on Him. Instead they revert to their own strengths and their own desires.

I have seen this happen. A young woman asked me to pray for her some years ago; she had Hodgkin’s disease and was in the end stages of it and in horrific pain from this cancer. I did pray for her, I myself was sick with pneumonia and at home at the time. We prayed over the phone. A few days later Nikki called me back. She was well!! She said something happened to her while I was praying for her, all her pain was gone! It was miraculous! I told her to cleave to Jesus, that the adversary would come to derail her if she didn’t. Several weeks later I saw in the news that Nikki had died in a car accident. Prior to being healed, she hadn’t driven in over 10 years. She had been speeding according to the police report and alcohol was involved.

Nikki faced a temptation she could not resist, the sensation of being whole, of being young and wanting to “live” life to what she felt was the fullest. Her “house” had been swept clean, but far worse came back in. I know the majority of us think that wouldn’t happen with us. That if we were healed, we would serve God with all that is within us. I know I think that of myself. But the truth is, only God knows for sure what I would actually do if I were healed and delivered of the Migraine Monster.

All of this to say, if God does not heal it is because He knows us better than we know ourselves, He has already seen our entire journey in this world. He knows what choices we have made in the past and what we will make in the future. He knows our weaknesses and vulnerabilities. He knows where the “crack in our armor” is, the place the adversary would exploit if he were allowed to. Where salvation could be stolen and lost.

What I have concluded it that if we are suffering, we need to try to live out our days to the best of our abilities in Christ. Most often this WILL NOT line up with our own agenda or plans. We have to be fluid, accept that making plans will most probably fall through at times. Accept where God has placed us and attempt to “bloom” even though suffering. Most importantly, never forget that God loves us, with a deeper more intimate love than we can ever know. Because of that kind of love, it is paramount that we trust Him completely, even when taking our last breath.

Blessings,
Rev. Kasey Burt (aka Trinity)
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

When God Doesn't Heal Empty Re: When God Doesn't Heal

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 08 Jul 2013, 5:25 am

I respect your belief, Trinity. I am however an agnostic theist, so I am probably not any helpful with these questions, mmmm.
I do however appreciate how much you must be suffering and for how long if  you are forced to such musings...
I am so sorry Trinity, you are suffering so badly.    I wish I had all the answers for you along with a painkilling ability!

I sincerely hope this bad streak will break soon. Hugs sweetie.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity Mon 08 Jul 2013, 6:22 am

Thanks Risa Smile The last couple of days have been good Smile As for my faith, it is what keeps me going. I think the one thing I understand with depth, is that God is not the "big sugar daddy" in the sky or the "wallet" we want to dip into.

Actually it amazes me, that for many people their belief is wrapped up in whether God gets them out of a pinch or not. As if He is supposed to "jump" and ask how high when we make requests.

It took me a long time to come to the place of just trusting Him, even when I don't understand the "why" of things. I looked up agnostic theist and read that this means a person believes that God exist, even though it can't be proven scientifically. Is that the definition you use?

Well, I hope you are having a pain free day today!

Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 08 Jul 2013, 4:11 pm

Hi today Trinity Smile
Agnostic theist for me is more 'agnostic' than anything else in this definition.
Meaning I believe there is  some supreme being or entity or such - what, exactly, however it is  or who - it is impossible to know because
how are we ever  to measure that?

Besides I think WHO it's immaterial anyway because what matters to me is the matter of belief alone.
As the name implies - religion is a form of BELIEF. To me, one either knows or believe and although some people believe so strongly
they believe they know of God's existence, which I can understand perfectly, the origin of the word "believe" is still
'taking for granted that something exist without it being proven'. -without scientific, material proof.
Was there hard, cold, material fact of God's existence it would stopped be a "belief" - it would become scientific knowledge, you get my drift, eh? Smile

Anyhoo. That's what  my migraine cracked up old farty-tarty brain came up with after years and years of pseudo-philosophical musings
on the matter lololol

As for you sweetheart, I am glad you are feeling better -ufffffffffffffffff and yay! cheers 
How is the weather in your parts? We have sunny (knock on the unpainted wood three times!!!) I hope the sun doesn't bother you? - I love the heat but it does cause more M, sadly. It does wonders for my cold cold extremities - it actualy
defrosted them ! When God Doesn't Heal Smiley-laughing002

Painfree days to you too!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: