The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad M- need help/advice

+3
Sara79
30yrsofheadache
sconesail
7 posters

Go down

Bad M- need help/advice Empty Bad M- need help/advice

Post  sconesail Tue 18 Jun 2013, 6:57 am

Hi All,

Well, the migraine has been horrendous lately and I really don't know what to do. 

I had my second round of Botox last Wednesday and it has helped some, but is taking longer to kick in. (Though I have noticed that it really helped with the neck and forehead tightness and that is good.) 

One of my best friends from college is getting married later this summer. She has asked me to be a bridesmaid and even gone so far as to have Dora, my service dog in the wedding as well. Her bridesmaid's luncheon is on Saturday, as are dress fittings. and possibly a bachelorette evening. I am excited to be going. than several days of prednisoone for me. but it takes a bit to kick in.

My head is no cooperating. I did a course of decadron yesterday. (a one day course of decadron works as well as prednisone for me.) It sometimes takes a day to kick in. It isn't kicking in. I guess if doesn't help by tomorrow, I may get desperate and try a second course. I am pretty much living on the old Benedryl,, Klonopin, Tylenol3 and Ultram. This helps some, but also makes ma out of it. I'll take that over pain anyday as I can function ok. the pain is really getting to me I spent a good portion of last night crying- debating the ER. (Did not go as there is nothing they can really do for me.) So she said suggested we go to Sonic for a desert and from there to her mothers. So we did and that helped some.

I don't have a ton to do today. I have a haircut this afternoon. I may go to my parents for dinner and to see Hudson, my favorite nephew. I am going to try and rest as much as I can because I want to be ok this weekend.

I just feel stuck. I don't know what do anymore. The dctors don't seem to either-except to attempt to control the pain and that's not working well either. Is it just me or do these things get harder to break over time?

I would love any help advice, good thought, etc you can give.

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Bad M- need help/advice Empty Re: Bad M- need help/advice

Post  30yrsofheadache Tue 18 Jun 2013, 8:56 am

Scone, I dont really have advice, but I hear you. The only thing that helps me when I get stuck like that is to get an IV of enough meds that it knocks me out for at least 8 hours. If I try to do anything during the next day, it comes back, but if I really force myself to do NOTHING it will usually give me a reprieve. I was so afraid that I would have a really bad one for my daughters wedding last month. I think the endorphins kicked in and I felt great that day! Somehow you will make it through, just take it one day at a time. I hope you and Dory are able to enjoy yourselves.flower
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Tue 18 Jun 2013, 10:24 am

I'm sorry to say I don't have any advice myself, but that you have my wishes that the day goes well for you.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Tue 18 Jun 2013, 1:33 pm

I don't have advice either, but wishing and praying that you have some relief and are able to enjoy the wedding with your friend.  Feel better soon.   I love you

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu 20 Jun 2013, 8:32 am

Hi Hun, so sorry you are suffering!  How awesome is the fact that there is a place for Dora at the wedding????

Alas, I too have no helpful advice but I'm sending you positive thoughts that you find yourself pain free for the events.  Hang in there!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Fri 21 Jun 2013, 2:25 am

Scone,

Get plenty of rest and chill as much as possible!

Take care,
PF.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Bad M- need help/advice Empty Migraine Cure

Post  7777Trinity Fri 21 Jun 2013, 2:32 pm

Scone
I think it does get harder over time like you said. We get worn down and our ability to "bounce back" is really compromised. I have had a few horrible days with our weather changes here in Kentucky. I woke up yesterday and in less than 10 minutes the "monster" was cracking my head open...ugh! Such a wasted life in my opinion. Sad

Ice pack your head and nap as much as you can, try to get some fresh air when its cooler outside, drink lots of fluids too. I know you know all this Smile We have all tried these 12, but the last "CURE" has promise in the video!!!

Trinity

7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Sat 22 Jun 2013, 7:17 am

Just popping in to wish that today's going amazing for you!

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Sat 22 Jun 2013, 1:42 pm

Trinity, LOL:lol:. Sometimes you have to laugh!
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity Sat 22 Jun 2013, 3:18 pm

Cindy
We have to find humor where we can Smile If I can't find a reason to laugh, all I would do is cry. Yep, that cupcake with the "V" is looking better and better for the migraine monster Smile

Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  sconesail Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:51 pm

Hi All,

Thanks so much for all the good wishes! They helped.

I was actually able to enjoy my friend's bachelorette party. (Now, there were a ton of flashing lights and noise and I'm beginning to pay the price for that one.) Also did pretty well during the luncheon and another family event. (I started fainting a bunch after the luncheon and spent a good part of the family event lying down. But I enjoyed it. Dora was quite a busy dog on Satuday, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

I was also able to spend Sunday with one of my best friends from college. This worked out perfectly. (Actually, her husband has severe migraines as well and she credits me with teaching her to deal with migraine. she said it prepared her for living with her husband.)

Dora was a godsend. She also did well on the flight. She will be in the wedding too.

The wedding is in early august.

The video you posted is great!

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down