The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opiate withdrawal nightmare

2 posters

Go down

Opiate withdrawal nightmare Empty Opiate withdrawal nightmare

Post  Platypus Fri 26 Jul 2013, 11:54 pm

Well like everyone else, migraines have been really bad -- just the last several days. Wed and Thurs were just terrible, needed 400mg Demerol. So the day after using Demerol I always have bad anxiety, kind of a mini-withdrawal, and it peaks around 18 hours after I take it. It just so happens I took a nap right around that time today, and I hadn't taken any Xanax. And I had the most horrifying science fiction nightmare, like the heroin withdrawal scene in Trainspotting w/ the dead baby crawling on the ceiling. I'm not sure the pain relief I got last night was worth it. Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why are the side-effects so evil from anything that helps at all?
Platypus
Platypus
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Opiate withdrawal nightmare Empty Re: Opiate withdrawal nightmare

Post  tortoisegirl Sat 27 Jul 2013, 2:32 pm

Sorry you are struggling so much! I hope you can find a med without the horrid side effects. I too either seem to get too many side effects or it just plain doesn't work. Sometimes it is worth having meds to counteract side effects though. Best wishes.

tortoisegirl
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down