The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FDA Approves First Device to Treat Migraine Pain

+2
7777Trinity
Platypus
6 posters

Go down

FDA Approves First Device to Treat Migraine Pain Empty FDA Approves First Device to Treat Migraine Pain

Post  Platypus Sun 15 Dec 2013, 6:21 pm

Platypus
Platypus
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

FDA Approves First Device to Treat Migraine Pain Empty Re: FDA Approves First Device to Treat Migraine Pain

Post  7777Trinity Mon 16 Dec 2013, 9:12 pm

Platy
Is there any way to view the article without having to join Medscape?
Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

FDA Approves First Device to Treat Migraine Pain Empty Re: FDA Approves First Device to Treat Migraine Pain

Post  Platypus Mon 16 Dec 2013, 11:44 pm

Platypus
Platypus
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Tue 17 Dec 2013, 5:28 pm

I wonder why it would only work for people get auras?
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 17 Dec 2013, 8:38 pm

maybe it's just they tested only on migraines with aura???

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Platypus Tue 17 Dec 2013, 10:30 pm

Yeah they only tested subjects who get aura. Maybe they thought that group would fare better w/ the device for some reason. I don't see why it wouldn't work for some migraineurs who don't get aura. I would try it.

-Platy
Platypus
Platypus
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

FDA Approves First Device to Treat Migraine Pain Empty Predictability

Post  KimbaK Wed 18 Dec 2013, 8:08 pm

I bet they tested on migrainers with auras because they have a small window of opportunity to treat the migraine before it becomes a major episode. For those of us who don't have regular routine auras we just have to hope we can get to the meds in time to stop the pain before it becomes completely crippling.

I read a story about a pace maker type device that is implanted in the chest with wires to the head. The migrainer holds the external unit to their chest and gives themselves a jolt to interrupt the nerves ability to transmit pain.

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity Thu 19 Dec 2013, 9:43 am

I tried the migraine magnet headband about 3 years ago. I couldn't stand it, I felt tremendous pressure in my head. May not be that way for everyone though.

Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu 02 Jan 2014, 9:53 am

I'll be hoping to try this as soon as I can get my hands on one. Here is the UK website for the makers of the device.

http://www.eneura.com
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down