The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad M and update

3 posters

Go down

Bad M and update Empty Bad M and update

Post  sconesail Thu 24 Apr 2014, 1:15 pm

Hi All,

I know it has been a little while since I posted, so I thought I would give a quick update.

I saw my pain dr about two weeks ago and he agreed to put me on long-acting Nucynta with short acting Nucynta for breakthrough pain. I am on 100mg Nucynta ER twice a day and 75mg for breakthrough. This is really helping a lot. It is working well and I have been able to function more due to less pain. (Crossing fingers, saying prayers, knocking on wood, and trying to shake the voo-doo chicken as I type this.)

Also saw neuro for botox on the 11th. If I have a bad one there, they will do toradol shots in the office. As I live about an hour away, it is hard for me to come in and get that, so I asked if he would be willing to write a prescription for injectable toradol for home use. (I already have injectable Phenergan to keep me out of the ER when I get really bad bouts of nausea and vomiting.) He said that it sounded reasonable and had no problem with it. So I have that in the arsenal too.

I'm having a rough day today. I have been doing a good deal lately because I have been feeling better at times. But today is just one of those days where I pay for it. I have basically taken the meds and have been trying to rest most of the day. However, klonopin, benedryl and nucynta are helping. Dora is curled up on the floor next to me. My roommate is at work so things are nice and quiet, which is good. I'm trying to avoid a toradol shot- mostly because I have already had to use it once this week and can't use it more than three times a week. Also have to use Phenergan with it so it doesn't make me sick. So far meds are helping enough and I do have it to use when I need it.

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Bad M and update Empty Re: Bad M and update

Post  Migrainegirl Thu 24 Apr 2014, 7:39 pm

So glad the new meds are helping. I know what you mean about overdoing though. That certainly still happens to me. We have to learn to pace ourselves better when we are feeling well. I hope the break today is helping.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  tortoisegirl Thu 24 Apr 2014, 8:10 pm

I'm glad you've made some progress, but sorry to hear about your recent high pain levels. I find its harder to cope with high pain after I've had lower pain levels for awhile. Best wishes.

tortoisegirl
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down