The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 weeks out and still doing well

5 posters

Go down

3 weeks out and still doing well Empty 3 weeks out and still doing well

Post  KimbaK Fri 23 May 2014, 9:22 pm

So today makes it exactly 3 weeks since the surgery. I'm doing pretty well. I'm not quite pain free, but at my pain clinic appointment yesterday, I asked the doctor to take me off Dilaudid and put me on something less potent. I'm back with Norco and still with muscle relaxers. Robaxin? I think is the name.

I've had 3 official migraines since the surgery. The first 2 didn't last long and were effectively managed with Relpax and other meds. A couple hours tops. I had one last week that kicked my butt. I think I overexerted and triggered a muscle spasm that triggered a migraine. That one lasted several hours and I was miserable. And scared that I was back in migraine hell. I took a Relpax, then thought I took the 2nd relpax 2 hours later. I found a Relpax in the bed with me so I'm guessing when I took a drink and went to pop the pill I somehow just dropped it. I guess its possible with the pain and panic.

Otherwise I'm good. No pain, no spasms on left side. Right side is healing and I can tell when I've done something that strains the muscles on that side. I don't always know what, but I know when. The incision is healing beautifully and the hair is growing quickly. For some reason I can't get my photos to transfer from my phone to the computer so I can't post them. I was able to show my pain clinic doctor the pictures and he compared then with now and commented that I have added another weapon to his arsenal.

I definitely recommend this surgery to anyone who may benefit from it. I'm hoping Trinity has it soon, because I can't wait to see how much her life improves!!!!!!!!!

Kim Very Happy 

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

3 weeks out and still doing well Empty Re: 3 weeks out and still doing well

Post  milo Fri 23 May 2014, 9:42 pm

Thanks so much for the update! It really sounds like you may be a perfect candidate for the good results from the surgery. Trinity's fundraiser is tomorrow….my fingers are crossed that her support group comes through for her and that she finally can compare notes with you about the surgery.

I am looking forward to the day when we have had several people leave this site because their migraines have resolved. While I would hate to lose my dear friends and support, I always hope that we reach a point in time when we don't need each other because a cure has finally been found.

Please keep us updated!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity Sat 24 May 2014, 12:55 pm

Kim
It sounds like for 3 weeks out you are doing great! I bet 3 MONTHS out and you will be dancing!!!

My fundraiser sale was today, we only sold $1,500.00 worth of stuff BUT something wonderful happened!!!!!!!!!!!!

A person who lives in our subdivision whom I had never met came in with her daughter in law and son. The kids bought an antique ice cream table. Before they left, the mother handed me a folded check and said she hoped it would help.

I tucked it away with other checks and cash we got today from the sale and I thanked her for her kindness. Later this afternoon I was adding up what we had...her check was for $5,000.00.................. I was stunned and started crying, my husband thought something terrible happened. But it was something wonderful Smile

We are so much closer because of her. The account that was opened for me at the bank had only received $410.00 as of yesterday. I am blessed to have that too, however this woman's kindness has made a huge difference Smile

So, we need about $8,000 more and I'll be good to go to Boston and get this surgery done Smile

Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Platypus Sun 25 May 2014, 2:17 am

wow!!! that woman is a Bodhisattva!
Platypus
Platypus
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Sun 25 May 2014, 5:55 am

What an amazingly nice thing to have happen! I hope you manage to make you goal soon. I've been lurking, but I needed to at least tell you I hope it works out.

Anyways, I've gotta keep it short, I'm not focusing real well right now. Both you and all your benefactors have been in my thoughts.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue 27 May 2014, 11:54 pm

I just love hearing stories about kindness!!!!! Thanks for sharing and I hope the momentum continues and you reach your goal soon.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

3 weeks out and still doing well Empty So happy for you Trinity

Post  KimbaK Fri 30 May 2014, 9:31 pm

Trinity,

I'm so happy that you have a generous stranger in your neighborhood. I keep praying for your surgery to happen soon. I have a migraine today, but even so; its not as bad as it could be. I will keep hoping and believing that I will be one of the 88% who get total relief And if I don't, I'm still better than I was.

Kim

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

3 weeks out and still doing well Empty Hang in there Kim!!!

Post  7777Trinity Sat 31 May 2014, 7:31 am

Kim:
I had a question, do you have other trigger sites besides your neck? The other thing is keep your eye on the finish line!
3 months post op is when you will start to feel the big differences and 6 months post op what your final results will be.

It's only been 3 weeks! I know it is hard to be patient after suffering for so long. I almost have enough funds for the surgery, now I have to get travel and hotel money. We have to stay there 10 days. He is doing a full decompression so besides the neck, eyes, brows, muscle in forehead, ears, temple and top of my head are three trigger sites. Plus he may have to break my nose. ( It was broken in the initial accident).

So I have about $7,000 more to fundraise and I will be there! I can't wait. I have had 20 days of migraine this month.
When I read you have had 3 in three weeks I am no envious!!!

Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down