The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

disability benfits for migraine

2 posters

Go down

disability benfits for migraine Empty disability benfits for migraine

Post  sick of pain Mon 10 Nov 2014, 3:03 pm

Im a chronic migraine girl for years not responding well to botox/preventative/abortive meds.In fact I have gotten worse. I came to my breaking point about 6 weeks ago and can no longer work. I am currently using emergency medical leave and waiting for my short term disability to be approved and then will probably have to try and get long term disability. I am a medical professional myself and am heart broken that I can no longer take care of my patients. I am either in too much pain or fear the med side effects will alter my decision making skills. Plus the meds don't work well anymore. I was wondering if other people have had trouble getting disability insurance benefits. Short term already dragging their heels and I am worried long term will deny me because of subjective nature of the disease. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. And my heart goes out to all the migraine sufferers out there. Know you are not alone. At this point I get them almost daily. Sad Ruining my life. I just joined this forum today.

sick of pain
new
new

Back to top Go down

disability benfits for migraine Empty Re: disability benfits for migraine

Post  milo Tue 11 Nov 2014, 12:40 am

Welcome to our little world. There are actually several members who work in healthcare and fight hard to maintain work. It's really tough facing time off for this horrible monster. I'm afraid I can't help regarding disability but there are some members who have successfully gotten on it.

It may help to know what country and province/state/territory you are in and whether you have private insurance for disability or if it will be through the govn't.

Again, welcome....I hope you find some support here. Folks here are beyond awesome!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sick of pain Mon 29 Dec 2014, 7:21 pm

Hi! I just saw this message today! Thanks for the warm welcome...The support has been great. I hope you are getting through the holidays well and pain controlled. It took a lot of meds but I made it. No imitrex left for new years eve though. Oh well. Having a good night tonight which is quite refreshing. Have a happy New Year!

sick of pain
new
new

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down