The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips on handling stress

+2
Enigma
milo
6 posters

Go down

Tips on handling stress Empty Tips on handling stress

Post  milo Thu 05 May 2011, 8:42 pm

I could use some good advice about dealing with stress. I'm going through a very difficult time that has caused me a lot of stress. Any and all information is welcome.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tips on handling stress Empty Re: Tips on handling stress

Post  Enigma Fri 06 May 2011, 8:00 am

Anger and physical release, then yoga or meditation.

I have a very stressful job and sometimes that requires a lot of responsibility over other people's welfare. Sometimes, I go for long walks during the day. On the drive home, I vent in my head and get real pissed off if I need to. When I walk through my door at home, I drop it, and before I go to bed, I do a bit of stretching to release the tension in the muscles and meditation where I just clear my head space. At this time I do not dwell on any of it. If it comes in my mind, I let it go to the universe to deal with it. I have faith that tomorrow I will have a better answer.

Put things in perspective that what you are going through is temporary. Talk to a friend sometimes, or just write it out and toss it out if you are really struggling. But DON"T hold onto it. Don't stuff it down so it becomes depression. Don't be a hero or a saint.

Hope some of this helps. Hang in there, till it's over.

Enigma
Enigma
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri 06 May 2011, 1:38 pm

The simplest on for me is having somebody brush my hair. I had on hair dresser that I would pay to just rub my head to 15 minutes. I have always found that I'm most relaxed at the hairdressers, something about scalp massage greatly relaxes me.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Fri 06 May 2011, 3:36 pm

Sometimes just talking about it helps me. I chose a close friend to vent to and of couse she vents to me also. If I can get it off my chest it is helpful.

Another thing I do if there is nothing I can do about it until a later time I keep very busy. I clean the house or do yard work. Anything to try to keep my mind busy. I have found that just sitting and dwelling is the worst for me.

Walking your dogs and talking with them as you go is good too. Being outside in good weather is good. 15 minutes outside in the sun they say gives you the vit. D that you need. This helps put me in a better mood. Always try to eat right at those times or take vits.

Hope it passes soon for you.

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Fri 06 May 2011, 5:24 pm

Thanks you guys. I'm usually really good at this. It frustrates all of us involved that we are so affected.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 06 May 2011, 6:06 pm

For me,
usually simple things like this work quote well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UYs5BkXKCg

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Fri 06 May 2011, 11:49 pm

Paradox wrote:The simplest on for me is having somebody brush my hair. I had on hair dresser that I would pay to just rub my head to 15 minutes. I have always found that I'm most relaxed at the hairdressers, something about scalp massage greatly relaxes me.

Someone else brushing my hear and my sister-in-law (she's a beautician) massaging my head are the most relaxing things I can think of. That is unless my scalp and my hair hurts. Too bad my sister-in-law lives 600 miles away.

The massage therapist I'm seeing now is very good at gentle head and face massage. It feels so good, especially since any work on my neck or upper back usually escalates a migraine.
tecky
tecky
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down