The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

16 years old moms = "16" years old grandmas?

2 posters

Go down

16  years old moms = "16" years old grandmas? Empty 16 years old moms = "16" years old grandmas?

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 23 May 2011, 2:11 am

I was watching "16 years old and Pregnant" episode last night, which was quite heartbreaking at times to watch
I must say,
and couldn't help but notice how more often than not if a 16 year old is pregnant, her own mother usually was
pregnant for the first time in her early teens, too.

I once had a neighbor years ago who had her first child at 16. Her mother had her, too while she was 16 y.o.
Isn't it peculiar how the children of these mothers somehow keep repeating the same mistakes their mothers did?
I wonder why...?

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

16  years old moms = "16" years old grandmas? Empty Re: 16 years old moms = "16" years old grandmas?

Post  LynelleH Wed 25 May 2011, 4:10 pm

There does seem to be a pattern. My brother's girlfriend is in her 40s. I don't know exactly how old she is, maybe 45. She is a grandma. Her grandchildren are about 12, 10, and 1. Yes, she was a 16 year old mother, and her daughter was a 16 year old mother.
LynelleH
LynelleH
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

16  years old moms = "16" years old grandmas? Empty Re: 16 years old moms = "16" years old grandmas?

Post  Cluelesskitty Wed 25 May 2011, 4:49 pm

There you go.
In this particular episode, Lynelle, the mother of the pregnant teenager cried so hard when she found out
her daughter got pregnant so early in her life.
She said "but didn't I tell you how hard it was for me, told you to be careful, not to repeat my mistakes"
and so on. yet it still happened.

The one thing though, the mother and the daughter seemed to have a stormy relationship and at one point she let her go
to live with her own mother (the grandmother) which she later regretted doing, saying "I knew there were no boundaries,
no rules there at grandma's".
So if she knew, why she ever let it happen?! supposedly Grandma intervened, but..

The girl, after the baby's birth very quickly found out the boy's father is an a..hole, and bitterly regretted getting
involved with him. He of course abandoned her pretty soon, and she ended up living with the baby and her mom.
Her all friends, at first excited at the prospect of the baby coming, once it was born and the responsibilities took over,
just disappeared. She was heartbroken.

Very, very sad, and tough..

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down