The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Glamour magazine

3 posters

Go down

In Glamour magazine Empty In Glamour magazine

Post  Paradox Wed 25 May 2011, 2:44 pm

April 2011 issue. Dr. Stephen Silberstein, professor of neurology at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia offers five surprising culprits (...only one of which surprised me. Char)

1. Messy desks if you're a neat Nick or overly tidy ones if you're a slob

2. Sleeping in on weekends,,,chances are it's caffiene withdrawal.

3.STRIPES. THE LINES CAN AGGRAVATE THE BRAIN AND SEND SIGNALS TO THE PAIN CENTERS, PARTICULARLY IN MIGRAINE SUFFERERS. (okay, this one I had not heard of before. Puts us in there with epileptics, which would explain why so many epilepsy drugs work for some of us. Char)

4. Bad posture. Computer hunch can cause neck pain and tension headaches.

5. Dehydration. Lack of water increases acidity, which dials up the brains pain centers.

What do you guys think of #3? To me if it's a bold or bright stripe I don't like it, but don't notice it triggering anything.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

In Glamour magazine Empty Re: In Glamour magazine

Post  Cluelesskitty Wed 25 May 2011, 6:25 pm

I don't want to be a smartpants, but I actually heard of all the above except #1.

In Glamour magazine Yikeso10

Sleeping on weekends could be also a sugar drop, oxygen drop.

Number 3- the stripes omg yes, yes yes I can't stand looking at anything like that
because of that no such patterned garment for me, ever, no matter how fancy or expensive!

I can't stand looking at people wearing striped clothing particularly strongly contrasted colors
not only that - any strong pattern makes my sick!

By the same token- the stripes - this is why I can't stand driving in the sun among the trees or anything
such horizontal that causes flashing lights.

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Sat 28 May 2011, 9:16 pm

Messy anything drives me insane, I'm a neat freak and am constantly nagging my husband to tidy his mess up! I cannot stand any clutter around me.

I hate looking at anything stripey. If somebody on t.v. had a stripey shirt I have to close my eyes 'til they're gone!

I've also heard that dehydration causes migraines, and weekend headaches (sleeping in).

Sensitive bunch aren't we?!!!!

Ruth
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down